Internal Video Player AVI, how?

Help each other out

Internal Video Player AVI, how?

Postby vaporhat on Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:51 pm

I like the internal player "feel" although I find is short on content I can play on it.

Is there a way to add a codec to the default player or replace the default player to use VLC, without simply launching an external player?
vaporhat

Re: Internal Video Player AVI, how?

Postby Jay on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 am

Well, I have power dvd 7 and the graph file for the internal player is for 6. 6 is gone. I'm currently using VLC until Wes gets time to write a graph for 7 and Vista.
See if the end of this thread helps.
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=15
Jay

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:13 am

is there any plan to include the option to use VLC as the internal player?
vaporhat

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 am

using VLC would be an external player, unless I totally misunderstand what VLC is.
cmhardwick

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 am

cmhardwick wrote:using VLC would be an external player, unless I totally misunderstand what VLC is.

Either that or I am totally confused what is embedded in XL :?

I would be satisfied just being able to play all my media in one player, no matter what is was.
vaporhat

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Either that or I am totally confused what is embedded in XL

First, are you talking about "Free" xlobby (or the old xlobby), or the pre-release/version3 xlobby?

If your using the old xlobby (Feb. /07 and before), then there are no embedded players within the software. All playback of all media is done by:

Video - Zoom player, Theatertek, WMP, WMP Classic, VLC, or any other video player you can get working. Natively Xlobby has been integrated with Zoomplayer and Theatertek.

Audio - Winamp, Foobar, or any other audio player that you can get working. Again natively Xlobby has been integrated with Winamp and Foobar.

If your using the latest versions of Xlobby, it has an internal player in which Steven has developed the engine from the ground up. It is not VLC, Zoom, WMP, or anthing, but Steven's own development. This goes for both audio and video. Now this is not to say that you can't still use external players like before, and though I don't personally use the newest versions, I suppose they are setup in the same fashion as the older free version of xlobby.

Hope this clears up your confusion.
Marbles_00

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:
Either that or I am totally confused what is embedded in XL

First, are you talking about "Free" xlobby (or the old xlobby), or the pre-release/version3 xlobby?

If your using the old xlobby (Feb. /07 and before), then there are no embedded players within the software. All playback of all media is done by:

Video - Zoom player, Theatertek, WMP, WMP Classic, VLC, or any other video player you can get working. Natively Xlobby has been integrated with Zoomplayer and Theatertek.

Audio - Winamp, Foobar, or any other audio player that you can get working. Again natively Xlobby has been integrated with Winamp and Foobar.

If your using the latest versions of Xlobby, it has an internal player in which Steven has developed the engine from the ground up. It is not VLC, Zoom, WMP, or anthing, but Steven's own development. This goes for both audio and video. Now this is not to say that you can't still use external players like before, and though I don't personally use the newest versions, I suppose they are setup in the same fashion as the older free version of xlobby.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

I am using the latest version of XL. And yes, that is what I thought. Thank you for the clarification/confirmation :)

Perhaps there is a plan to include other video format support in new versions? Any comments Steven??
Obviously it's easier to ask for added features then to implement them with stability. I do however believe it would strengthen the code.
vaporhat

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:56 pm

The integrated video player in the pay-version of Xlobby is just a DirectShow player that Steven wrote. Compatibility with certain video formats should only be limited to the codecs installed and configured on you PC. IE if you can get FFDSHOW (or whatever splitter\codecs your using) to play the video then Xlobby should be able play them using the same config. See the bottom of the download page for a more verbose explanation - http://xlobby.com/downloads.

Of course all the ZP users will tell you that there is not a single codec pack or config that will play all files which is one the reasons ZP is so nice - you can configure "video profiles" for individual file types - not sure if Xlobby has this ability yet.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:31 am

Like tswhite70 said, its using the standard windows stuff so its not really xlobbys fault.

I dont use the inbuilt player (yet) instead i use TTDvd, but you have the same codec problems...

Personally i now simply install one of the ffdshow tryout builds and let that take care of decoding most things.

ffdshow + Haali Media Splitter + vsfilter lets me play everything i throw at it.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby m_ski on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:15 pm

you can configure "video profiles" for individual file types - not sure if Xlobby has this ability yet.

The newer Xlobby versions with the built in player have the ability to use filtergraphs built from GraphEdit (google it). This allows you to configure exactly what filters will be used for a particular video type. This allows a lot more control than just filetype based as an .AVI file can actually contain any one of a multitude of different types of video files.
m_ski

Postby vaporhat on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:01 pm

m_ski wrote:
you can configure "video profiles" for individual file types - not sure if Xlobby has this ability yet.

The newer Xlobby versions with the built in player have the ability to use filtergraphs built from GraphEdit (google it). This allows you to configure exactly what filters will be used for a particular video type. This allows a lot more control than just filetype based as an .AVI file can actually contain any one of a multitude of different types of video files.

I do believe this is the ticket. Thank you. I am going to look into it.

humm I built some graph files for another application.. I wonder if I still have those around??
vaporhat