Baddabing's Modern Metal updated Mar 01

Skin graphics and skinning help

Baddabing's Modern Metal updated Mar 01

Postby BaddaBing on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:16 am

ModernMetal.
Built for XLv3

This skin is configured to work on my system, an HTPC with dual video cards, one for the touchscreen and one for the projector.

To get this skin to work on your system you may need to make the following tweaks:
1) Requires xoapweather plugin - http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3806 - if you want to use the default weather function you will need to edit the weather pages -
2) Requires the LiveShout plugin in order for the internet radio function to work - http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5959
3) The TV/DVR section is designed to work with SageTV with the controls showing up on the touchscreen and Sage on the projector.
4) The "Lighting" section is just a placeholder that you will need to configure as my automation functions would not do anything in your home
5) The movie player screens will need to have the buttons assigned to your player of choice (zoom player, xl3, etc)
6) The movie data (review, summary, rating, etc) is created using DVDProfiler or xANT
7) 800x600 native resolution

Known Bugs
1) When you first navigate to the webcam screens you may need to click on the small images in order for them to render on the center screen
2) CDs, Tracks, Family Movie and Adult Movie counts on menu screen will not populate until after you visit those screens - MANTIS TRACKING NUMBER: 0000360
3) Shoutcast screen - you may need to click on the station genre twice in order to for stations to number correctly

I'm sharing it with the XL community so do what you wish with it.
I skin for grins and do not provide support - please post your "how to" questions in the support forums, I will however address bugs
There are plenty of backgrounds and buttons included to support customization to meet your needs.
If someone wants to modify and repost it I have no problems - just don't claim my work as yours :evil:
If you need a function or a page changed then its time to learn how to use the skinning engine!
Cheers! :D

Watch the skin in action: http://www.xlobby.com/files/baddabing/skins/ModernMetalSkinDemo.wmv 12 meg allow time to load

Download Link below screenshots

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.xlobby.com/files/baddabing/skins/ModernMetal.zip file size 15 MB
FONTS http://www.xlobby.com/files/baddabing/skins/HTCC_fonts.zip.png
Last edited by BaddaBing on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 20 times in total.
BaddaBing

Re: Baddabing's Modern Metal for XLv3

Postby wesblack on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:55 am

Very Nice...............thanks for sharing. A video of this skin in action would be cool. Beautiful images of the barrier reef reminds me of my under water sub marine rides of the cayman islands or maui hawaii.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby BaddaBing on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 am

A video of this skin in action would be cool.

Ok, let me see what I can do.

Beautiful images of the barrier reef reminds me of my under water sub marine rides of the cayman islands or maui hawaii.

Vacationed in Australia last summer and got to dive the outer reef - if given the chance to move there I would do it in a heartbeat - absolutely stunning country, coast, and people.
Last edited by BaddaBing on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaddaBing

Postby Cabinetguy on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:23 am

Thank you for sharing this skin!
You've outdone yourself

Brian
Cabinetguy

Re: Baddabing's Modern Metal updated Mar 01

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 am

A video of this skin in action would be cool.

Added to first post
BaddaBing

Postby rika on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 am

This is realy great skin! Thanks.
What fonts do you use for lamp bulbs?

Rika
rika

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

What fonts do you use for lamp bulbs?

Sorry , forgot to include it. It is a font package I put together. Here it is.
http://www.xlobby.com/files/baddabing/skins/HTCC_fonts.zip.png

Thank you for sharing this skin!
You've outdone yourself

This is realy great skin! Thanks

Thank you both for the feedback - I appreciate it!
Last edited by BaddaBing on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
BaddaBing

Postby lpg on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Wow!! - just looked at the video. Incredible job. Thanks for sharing this. Larry
lpg

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:18 am

Incredible job. Thanks for sharing this. Larry

Thanks! :D
BaddaBing

Postby samsonlov on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Wow! Baddabing you've created an amazing skin again. I am impressed. Thanks for sharing!
Samson
samsonlov

Postby vaporhat on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:44 pm

How did you configure your web cams? both in XL and general hardware/ software set-up.
Are those databases a live feed or are they stills?

I have a few cameras and I have been trying to get those more integrated into XL. Currently I am executing a viewing program using an event. It works but not so elegant. I am using a Geovision card and LiveScanGeo application to view the live feeds.

Thanks.
vaporhat

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:32 pm

The camera feeds are URL based. If you look at the databases you will see how I've assigned a category to each URL and then used the Hide/Show function within events assigned to the pushbuttons to display the selected camera in the main screen. I did it this way because my security cams use streaming web video and each have their own built in web server URL.
BaddaBing

Postby vaporhat on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

BaddaBing wrote:The camera feeds are URL based. If you look at the databases you will see how I've assigned a category to each URL and then used the Hide/Show function within events assigned to the pushbuttons to display the selected camera in the main screen. I did it this way because my security cams use streaming web video and each have their own built in web server URL.

What hardware set-up do you have that provides URL based feeds? Is it a stand alone unit or PCI DVR card based?

Are you using something like one of these products? if so, how are you handling the recording functionality?

http://www.axis.com/products/video/vide ... /index.htm
vaporhat

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Nothing that fancy. The cameras I use have motion detect and will send images to an email account

http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080811a758ee5011a7df9e28b6531.html

There is a vandal/weather proof dome case for external use. There is also a model with motion detect that will track motion automatically
BaddaBing

Postby Bill Lott on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:03 am

Just out of curiosity - what video card are you using? How did you configure zoom player to go full screen to go to your big screen?
Bill Lott

Next