programming help!

Speak your mind

programming help!

Postby lar282 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:51 am

Can somebody help me out....

If I have a plugin in xlobby that loads a windows.form , how can I manage the form. Like place it where I want and so on. I tried to use Xmovewindow but the Class name is the same as the xlobby setup so it wont work!

Can I use
public System.Object GetVariable(string name)
to manage forms as we do when we manage pictures?

Or does anybody know how to change the class window name in a application.

All is written in C#

Thanks in advance

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:24 pm

Does anybody know the person who created the XmoveWindow? Maybe he can help me out.....(I'm desperate....)

Or steven do u have 5 min over to explain?

To summurize:
I need to be able to fixate a windows form inside Xlobby ans still keep focus on Xlobby. I cannot do it with class name cause it is the same as Xlobby.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:28 am

sounds like you want to use "always on top" for your form, what are you programming this in?
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:45 pm

C# Visual Studio 2003

Well always on top yes plus the fact that I want xlobbys button still in focus. Really I want to be able to do the same as XMoveWindow but I can't since the Window.Form has the same class as Xlobby and I do not now how to change the class name in c#.

So Steven, is there a way to use forms as we do images from a plugin?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby badubo on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Does anybody know the person who created the XmoveWindow? Maybe he can help me out.....(I'm desperate....)

It's me :wink:

you can use the title of your form :
1 : choose an (abstract) ID for your form i.e. "MyForm"
2 : Set the text title of your form i.e. "MyTitle"
for the screen "screen" the two parameters are :

ID : screen_MyForm
Display : plugin>XMoveWindow>MyForm(Title.MyTitle)
You don't need the class name for this example

But as you have the control of your form why simply not do it yourself ?
You can change the parameter of your form as you want
badubo

Postby lar282 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:54 am

badubo wrote:

It's me :wink:

you can use the title of your form :
1 : choose an (abstract) ID for your form i.e. "MyForm"
2 : Set the text title of your form i.e. "MyTitle"
for the screen "screen" the two parameters are :

ID : screen_MyForm
Display : plugin>XMoveWindow>MyForm(Title.MyTitle)
You don't need the class name for this example

But as you have the control of your form why simply not do it yourself ?
You can change the parameter of your form as you want

thanks I will try and use the title instead of class.

I do have control over the form but do not know how to change the class name of a form in c#. If I compile it as a application the class name is different from when I compile it as a dll and run it as a plugin of xlobby, then the class name is the same as xlobby! Wierd, but I guess its because it derives from xlobby since it is a plugin.

Thanks again.....

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:06 am

hmmm,cant get it to work.Prob to early in the morning.
To clarify:

In my Plugin code:
Form name=NAME
Form Text= TEXT

in the Xmove text shuld it be

plugin>XMoveWindow>TEXT.NAME

and the ID in xlobby
MpTV_TEXT (MpTV is the name of my screen in Xlobby)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby badubo on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:57 am

I do have control over the form but do not know how to change the class name of a form in c#. If I compile it as a application the class name is different from when I compile it as a dll and run it as a plugin of xlobby, then the class name is the same as xlobby! Wierd, but I guess its because it derives from xlobby since it is a plugin.

As you have control of your form, I don't understand why you want to change the class name :?:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:06 am Post subject:
hmmm,cant get it to work.Prob to early in the morning.
To clarify:

In my Plugin code:
Form name=NAME
Form Text= TEXT

in the Xmove text shuld it be

plugin>XMoveWindow>TEXT.NAME

and the ID in xlobby
MpTV_TEXT (MpTV is the name of my screen in Xlobby)

You have to follow the rules I explained above : if TEXT is the text that appears in the the title bar of your form :
plugin>XMoveWindow>MyForm(Title.TEXT)
MpTV_MyForm
badubo

Postby badubo on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:00 am

Did it solve your problem?
badubo

Postby lar282 on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:57 pm

afraid not, but I do appriciate u taken the time to explain.

The application(wich is now a DLL) is in fact 2 forms.One directx and one regular, so I can't use the approach I had before. I'm now trying to find a diff approach but I think I will stop to try and integrate and just concentrate on controlling it instead. A TV app should always be fullscreen anywhy so why have window mode at all?

Thanks again..

//Lasse
lar282

Postby badubo on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:07 pm

seems that you are trying to make a TV plugin :wink:
Aren't you interested to integrate it in xltv instead of creating a new plugin from scratch?
badubo

Postby dgemily on Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:18 pm

yep lasse, Badudo is doing an awesome tv plugin, you can do a lot of thing with it Image that should interest you :wink:
dgemily

Postby lar282 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:57 am

I would if I new how to program..... he he

Serious I'm just gonna modify MP so it fits Xlobby. I don't even know if anybody will be interested but me personally think mp has the best tv capabilities around. I learned alot over a year now (programming) and I think it can be done. There is no way we ever gonna have a tv plugin that is integrated in xlobby(I Think)) because we cannot solver the control issue. With MP I can just have it fullscreeen all the time when its active and that would solve it. When not used MP takes about 1.7 Mb and that not alot....Probably will take less when I stripped everything but the TV from it too.

If I suceed I will ofcourse follow the rules of GNU licensing.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby badubo on Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:51 am

There is no way we ever gonna have a tv plugin that is integrated in xlobby(I Think)) because we cannot solver the control issue

it is why I wrote xltv, it gives a standard (generic) way to control TV from xlobby directly with favorites, EPG, scheduler, ... I understand that you never tested it because it is actually not compatible with PVR cards

The fact that I use external application is only annoying during the initialization part of the application, after, it is completely integrated.
I think that I will integrate chrisTV for pvr cards (it works pretty well). Never tested MP because it is only available with PVR and that I don't own one.
badubo

Postby lar282 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:55 am

badubo wrote:
There is no way we ever gonna have a tv plugin that is integrated in xlobby(I Think)) because we cannot solver the control issue

it is why I wrote xltv, it gives a standard (generic) way to control TV from xlobby directly with favorites, EPG, scheduler, ... I understand that you never tested it because it is actually not compatible with PVR cards

The fact that I use external application is only annoying during the initialization part of the application, after, it is completely integrated.
I think that I will integrate chrisTV for pvr cards (it works pretty well). Never tested MP because it is only available with PVR and that I don't own one.

I use chrisTv now and have a really good integration actually.

I didn't understand that part with MP and PVR and u don't have one? MP supports all cards. from dvb-s to T to haup 150,250,500 and software based cards. I just wanna stripp everything from MP that has nothing to do with TV and then I have a app that supports all cards and have epg,recording and so on.

I prob would have used your plugin but like u said it wont work right now cause I have a haup 250 card.

//Lasse
lar282

Next