new event: button navigable / button non-nav

Got an idea, post it here

new event: button navigable / button non-nav

Postby alaricljs on Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:35 pm

Exactly the same as button show / button hide, I'd like to set the buttons that I show/hide navigable and unnavigable.

This would allow me to have an action elsewhere change the action of a button (and what it looks like).

So I click something on my album pictures screen and it takes me to the album details screen. I hit the back button, it takes me back to pictures. If I click something on my album list screen and it takes me to the album details screen I want to hit the back button and go to the album details screen.

These events would be a way to accomplish this.

Another possibility of course is a set event event, but that wouldn't allow for changing the way a button looks via an event (whereas the show/hide combined with nav/unnav would).

Please! thanks!
alaricljs

Postby gamejester on Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:34 am

Agreed, this would add a lot more flexibility, it gets my vote.

I have had to resort to multiple pages that look the same to get around this issue after realising that a hidden button is still navigatable.

With the combination of show/hide navOn/navOff you can layer buttons with different actions and activate the relevant one when required, thus giving the impression of a multi event button.
gamejester

Postby alaricljs on Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:26 pm

bump, and some begging :)
alaricljs