Can't Play Music

Help each other out

Can't Play Music

Postby usurpers26 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:43 pm

Ok, I think I'm a bit slow :) but I cannot get music to play (or play properly) in xlobby.

I am using Winamp5 and have set it up in the file types. I am a little confused on the start event option in file types and how it ties into everything. At first, I thought that start event had to match the event associated with the play button. But, I noticed with my movies this isn't the case. ZP is set up in file types with the start event as movies:load playlist and the play button's event is pointing to movies:play movie which goes to execute:movies.

I tried the same with music, setting the play button's event to music:play --> execute:music. This does start winamp but the tracklisting is not in the correct order.

I think I am missing something obvious as I've been able to create my own skins and set up every other aspect of xlobby to run perfectly :oops:

Thanks in advance for any help!
usurpers26

Postby usurpers26 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:42 pm

Well it doesn't get any more obvious than forgetting to put winamp in the zone section...DOH :shock:
usurpers26

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:15 am

thats allright, your just more proof we need an installer program....xlobby is very confusing to new comers so don't feel to bad.
stevenhanna6

Postby jowaldo on Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:46 am

stevenhanna6 wrote:thats allright, your just more proof we need an installer program....xlobby is very confusing to new comers so don't feel to bad.

Yeah that would be a big help for a lot of people, especially if through the setup program it went through a wizard asking where winamp is (or automatically finding it) asking what other features should be enabled, etc... but only for the major version releases.

Then have no installer for all the inbetween pre-release ones and the like for us xlobby addicts ;)
jowaldo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:44 pm

someone was making an installer I think....its easy to do...now that all the settings are in the xlobby.xml format.
stevenhanna6