How I got my random trailers to work.

Speak your mind

How I got my random trailers to work.

Postby Colby on Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:54 am

I dont know if there is an easier way to do what I did but I thought I would share this anyway.
In my skin I wanted a little window to play random trailers while I broswed my dvd collection and info. (others have done this) I also wanted the option to play the appropriate trailer for each dvd as a preview on command, this is what I did.

f2: I created and event group in my skins folder called trailers, (this will let others have it set up when they get my skin.)
I created several custom events to make zoomplayer behave how I wanted it to.

1st I created the view random event. It executes Zoom player with some arguements.
File= where the zoomplayer exe is located
Arguement= /X:(the X location)/Y:(the Y location)/W:(the width of the window)/H:(the height of the window) /MOUSEOFF/ Q %Playlist%
this will tell where to open zoomplayer and what size. I configured Zoomplayer to use Ultraminimalist skin and made sure that stay on top was checked.

2nd. I added the send message
Class name= TmainForm
Window Name = Zoom Player
Message= 32817
wParam= 143 (which clears the playlist)
IParam = 0

3rd. I added the send message
Class name= TmainForm
Message= 32817
wParam= 144 (which loads the playlist)
IParam = 0

3rd. I added a wait of 100 ms
this allows the playlist to load before it plays

4th. I added the send message
Class name= TmainForm
Message= 32817
wParam= 80 (which plays the playlist)
IParam = 1

Now I had to make a playlist of all my trailers through zoomplayer playlist editor. I saved the playlist in my trailers directory. I then made sure I had random checked in the playlist editor within zoomplayer.

Now I can click the view trailers on my skin and the trailers play randomly in my little window. I can still navigate my dvds while it plays.

As far as each album overlay playing its specific trailers, I made another event and followed chad, and jowaldo's formula in post http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7070&highlight=#7070 Except I started with a clear playlist first.

Anyway I hope you can see what Ive done, everything is working great. Sorry the picture is small and blurry.
I'm tired now I'm going to bed.
Colby

Postby edgley on Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:18 am

Hi Colby,

Some help please!

I have followed all instructions.

If I replace %playlist% with trailers.zpl (the name of the playlist in the folder) and hit the launch button, it launches and plays all trailers.

however, when I put %playlist% in, it opens, but just sits there.

thanks,

Simon.

Also, to what does the follow refer to please:

Class name: tmainform
window name: zoom player
edgley