New web site

Speak your mind

Re: New web site

Postby dalanik on Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 am

Another thing, which really was a problem for me on the old forum - login field is at the bottom of the page - wouldn't it be better to have it on top so we don't have to scroll all the way down in order to logon??

D.
dalanik

Postby slaman on Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm

Like the new look! A few links on the main page are broken though.

Great work with XLobby and the site!
slaman

Postby vicom on Wed May 30, 2007 4:36 pm

The Now Playying display/banner at the top need a better font color ... gray is a bit dull, not easily readable
vicom

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed May 30, 2007 5:13 pm

dalanik wrote: login field is at the bottom of the page - wouldn't it be better to have it on top so we don't have to scroll all the way down in order to logon??

Now thats true xlobby addict speaking! :D Bear wholeheartedly agrees. 8)

EDIT: hey how about reputation?? we want that!! i cant wait to refind the repClub! First rule of the repClub is, u dont talk about repCl.... oh yeah... :wink:

And whats up with users? last time i checked board had over two thousand of them! :?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:16 am

Something else,

The new forum looks like crap on a PPC. Though the old format didn't look the best, it was still managable, but this new one...terrible. I sometime use the PPC to look and see what's new, when I'm too busy to get actually in front of a computer, but now, it is virtually useless.

You may want to change this as here's a scenario:
One of your installers is on a job site, and runs into a problem. He/she figures it would be simple to pull out the PPC attached to their belts (or mobile phone) and have a look on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar problem...only they won't be able to make out anything. This equates to lost time...lost revenue.

Hope it can be fixed.
Marbles_00

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:48 pm

yah the forum still isn't finished, the main thing was getting the latest version of the forum up so we can upload attachements. So I'll keep the ppc people in mind when I get around to adjusting the layout.
stevenhanna6

Postby fletch on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:49 am

Steven,

Another thing that you'll want to look at is the when someone sends an email through the board to other users the email address used to send it is rather confusing. It doesn't appear to be an email from the other user, but rather from you. Replying to the message ends up replying to the correct address though. Anyway I thought you might want to look at this.

Aaron
fletch

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 pm

It doesn't appear to be an email from the other user, but rather from you

+1 on that. Rather confusing...I thought Steven was getting personal and wanted to say hi...I couldn't understand why I was getting an email from him.

Also rather nit-picky, but I included the quote above to showcase that you have the opening quotation marks, but you don't include the closing quotation marks. As stated rather nit-picky.
Marbles_00

Postby Jay on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:27 pm

Not to beat an old horse (my grandad said that). The board is really a pain because in the past, once you visited a forum, all topics were rendered as old; even if you didn't read them because you were uninterested.
Now, the only way I can peruse new topics of interest to me is by looking at the posting dates on the latest header for each.
Anyone else?
Jay

Postby rika on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:26 am

Yes, i allso find that anoying

rika
rika

Postby dgemily on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:49 am

Jay wrote:Not to beat an old horse (my grandad said that). The board is really a pain because in the past, once you visited a forum, all topics were rendered as old; even if you didn't read them because you were uninterested.
Now, the only way I can peruse new topics of interest to me is by looking at the posting dates on the latest header for each.
Anyone else?

+1 even if there is a button: "Mark forums read"... we have to click on it everytime....
dgemily

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 pm

That's odd, because the read/unread works everytime for me. Granted, I actually go into each thread in the forum that has a new post since I last looked. I actually prefer this or using the "mark all topics as read" because what if you get interrupted or, in my case, the mind wanders ;), and you leave the particular forum before you make it through all the posts you WERE interested in. Just my opinion, I know everyone's taste is different.
cmhardwick

Postby lar282 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:02 am

lar282 wrote:Hi
Can we still get RSS feed from this site?

regards

//Lasse

Bump.........
lar282

Previous