Music Selection screen questions??

Help each other out

Music Selection screen questions??

Postby Mikeydog on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:15 pm

Is there anyway to make the thumbnails on the main music screen non active. What I mean by that is, whenever you move your mouse over a cd cover it activates and chooses that cd and displays it's info over on the right side of the screen, however if I want to go pick a song, I am unable to because as soon as I move my mouse over to the right side of the screen it highlights a different cd.. Very annoying.. Maybe at the bottom of the screen you could have a button that would be a highlight or click function, like the open, play, and add buttons..

Also on my playlist screen I have created a little current song info box. In it I would like to display the cover of the currently playing album, song title, artist, album name, etc.. I cannot seem to get all this information to display, namely the album name..

Last question, when I try to create a news feed using the yahoo news feed the database creation feature crashes.. Any ideas..

I am using xlobby 4a

Thanks and this is really one of the coolest programs/tools out there, great job and keep up the good work..
Mikeydog

Postby noviceboy on Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:28 pm

Also on my playlist screen I have created a little current song info box. In it I would like to display the cover of the currently playing album, song title, artist, album name, etc.. I cannot seem to get all this information to display, namely the album name..

Do u mean the screen that plays the M3U files?

What can you display?- I think if you use the text items from the now Playing screen you will be able to get anything that is availbale to display on the M3U screen
Internal category called "audioplayer" I believe
noviceboy

Postby noviceboy on Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:30 pm

Is there anyway to make the thumbnails on the main music screen non active. What I mean by that is, whenever you move your mouse over a cd cover it activates and chooses that cd and displays it's info over on the right side of the screen, however if I want to go pick a song, I am unable to because as soon as I move my mouse over to the right side of the screen it highlights a different cd.. Very annoying.. Maybe at the bottom of the screen you could have a button that would be a highlight or click function, like the open, play, and add buttons..

Yeah its a question of screen design. You should modify the default screens , which are only there as an example.
noviceboy

Postby Mikeydog on Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:35 pm

The only field that I am having problems with is Albumname.. When I put it in as audioplayer>now>%albumname% It doesn't display anything

Now I have been able to get it to work by using category>music>albumname and forcing the snap feature on. But that is kinda a cheating way to do it, and I always have to turn on the snap feature, because I can't get it to default on. Also If anyone browses through the CD's it messes up the album name until the next song starts when it snaps to it..

Yeah its a question of screen design. You should modify the default screens , which are only there as an example.

I guess I don't understand this comment. That is what I have been doing. Do you know if there is someway to not make these buttons active. So you actually have to click on them to choose them??

Thanks for the help

Mike
Mikeydog

Postby noviceboy on Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:02 pm

When I put it in as audioplayer>now>%albumname% It doesn't display anything

Does albumname work in the original NOW playing Xlobby screens?

Screen design-

Well your screen is very crowded so mouse movement is going to be difficult- That's what I meant with screen design- Where do you sit ? 10 cm from the screen? :wink:
noviceboy

Postby Mikeydog on Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:35 pm

Well your screen is very crowded so mouse movement is going to be difficult- That's what I meant with screen design- Where do you sit ? 10 cm from the screen?

This is on a 57" tv/htpc.. I like having more albums available on a single screen. I don't want to have to scroll though 100 different screens to find the album I want.. So is there anyway to make the albums only highlight or select when you click on them?? Maybe just add an additional button at the bottom called Highlight or Select, and a make it the default action, then when you click on it and then click on a cd cover it activates it over on the right had side and displays the cds tracks and info.

As for the album name function. No I could not get it to work on any of the pages using the audioplayer>now>%albumname% function.

Thanks again.
Mikeydog

Postby noviceboy on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:50 am

Doubt it. I just have the two rows of covers, but my search filter (a40) is very good/quick. Actualy I find it much quicker / more functional than scrolling album covers.Question of habit/tastes really
noviceboy