news feed crashes!

Help each other out

news feed crashes!

Postby dk on Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:38 pm

I'm working on getting my news feed up and running. I have done this successfully with the default skin on older versions of Xlobby, but I'm having some trouble with my new skin.

I'm building the skin from the ground up, so I may be missing a step.

I created page and BG and everything with buttons back to the menu. Then created a new DB called news with the standard yahoo top stories feed to test it out. In the add category tab, typed news in name field and clicked create custom category. Everything’s good so far. In edit category I change the B to news and my headlines appear. From this point on, if I finish the text (description) linking or not, when I navigate around the news page I get an error and the screen goes white with a red X through it. I can Pause/Break to go to another screen and all is fine until I go to the news page again.

More Info (if it helps):
I am using an overlay on the news page (although it is not used in the process described above)

I have built the page from scratch - I may have missed a step contained in the default skin

I have not created (nor know how to implement) the highlighted bars I see on the default skins (i.e. selecting a song from a list or a story from a news feed)

Also, once this gets sorted out I am looking to use my overlay (containing several buttons) to change to other RSS feeds within the same page. Is there a way to send a change database command?

Thanks,
Darren
dk

Postby dk on Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:42 am

I got it...
you need to have the xresourec files in the buttons folder.
dk