Display text after event execution?

V3 help and support questions

Display text after event execution?

Postby Jay on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Sort of a 'now playing'.
<EDIT>
Screenshot of my FM receiver control screen. Each station button triggers a station-changing IR event.
When the event fires, I'd like the station's icon to be duplicated or displayed as text elsewhere on the screen(e.g.) WRTI.
Attachments
fm.jpg
Jay

Re: Display text after event execution?

Postby Jay on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 pm

OK. Another way to ask.

Wes' IP radio screen displays 'Preset n' when a button is pushed in any genre'.
Like, go to New Age and hit Preset 15. In his case, the ID is currentgenre. Preset 15 is displayed.
How can I tie that to the station select buttons on my FM receiver screen and display the call letters which are the event names?

Very limited skinning skills.
Attachments
ipradio.jpg
Jay

Postby wesblack on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 am

Jay,

Creating station preset values:
In the skin editor, 1. create a text box, 2. Under element properties, general tab assign the text box ID "stationid", 3. On each of your preset buttons use a the Button Set Text command under xLobby and set the following values, Button ID:stationid, Text: enter the station call letters here. After this command enter your IR macro that sends the IR commands to your receiver.

A better method if you want both station preset + direct numerical inputs from your numeric keypad. For a example of this look at the security menu, security.xml. you can see how numeric values appear in the text box. You can create single digit entries or complete station id's. Enter your IR commands as necessary for each digit or as a macro for fixed station buttons.

Creating direct numeric input:
use button>input, for example show>95.5 KLOS.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Jay on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 am

Nice! Thanks Wes :D
Jay