Winamp with added playlist support

Got an idea, post it here

Winamp with added playlist support

Postby marz on Thu May 25, 2006 4:47 pm

I would like to have more than just 2 tracks be added to the playlist at a time, I hope that this would add the ability to go back in the playlist, rather than just forward, this isn't such a problem when browsing by album, but a big problem when shuffle is on, especially when I'm trying to go through my whole library. It is also a problem when using a MCE remote. I'm very happy that integration is as easy as it it, (plug and play practically) but I think that the remote is being interpreted by winamp first, and the two songs on a playlist come into play at this point. A workaround for this is to use the controls button for backward navigation, but it falls apart in shuffle mode. Anyway, small problem, great program overall, I love it!!
marz

Postby S Pittaway on Fri May 26, 2006 8:01 pm

yep, i was getting narked by this as well...

all that is needed is a 3 entry playlist -
last track
current track
next track

That way, when i stupidly skip a track in shuffle mode and then realise that i love that song why did i skip it? :) i can go back and listen to it
S Pittaway

quick fix

Postby marz on Wed May 31, 2006 6:22 am

I don't know how your home theater is set up, but if you can get to winamp easily, go to their recently items in the media library window. Nice to have all the tracks right there, but its still not integrated into xlobby.
marz

Postby slaman on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:54 pm

I support this as well...

Is there anyway to mimic the playlist displayed in XLobby so that it's actually what is used by Winamp? That way, when I use the remote (which controls WinAmp, not Xlobby) - i can sift through the playlist properly?
slaman