Newbie lookign for direction

Speak your mind

Newbie lookign for direction

Postby trans_lux on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:46 pm

1st of all what a great application!
My question is -Is there an English version of the French bundled installer?
And or is there an alternative installation pack?
I guess I'm trying to find the most current version in English.

Many Thanks
trans_lux
trans_lux

Postby hvs69 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:54 pm

I don't know what is included in the French Bundle. But for English, you will download the core Xlobby application from this site. That includes the default skin and some basic plugins. Everything else you need to download separately.
hvs69

Postby Chazotta on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:49 am

You should ask the French guys over in their forum whether there is an English version. I have sometimes wondered myself.
Chazotta

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:36 am

there is not an english of this pack, but anyway you can use it, it's not really difficult to understand it.
if you have some trouble, you can post in english on the french forum or here , I will try to help you.
One thing to know, the french pack will install plugins and applications built by the French, maybe you will not need all of this but it’s not a problem, just one thing, the French pack is configured to use Ant Movie Catalog for the movies import. The template to use dvdprofiler import is not include in the pack.

Later,
dgemily

Postby Chazotta on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:35 am

dgemily wrote:...just one thing, the French pack is configured to use Ant Movie Catalog for the movies import. The template to use dvdprofiler import is not include in the pack.

Does this mean that you can't add the relevant files to enable DVDProfiler import as well ? I use it at the moment. Is Ant better than DVDProfiler ?
Chazotta

Postby trans_lux on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:54 pm

From what I see the work that the French Team has done is really amazing! So thanks are in order.
dgemily I installed the French Pack but was unable to get it to run.
I get all the way to Images and get the following error-
Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your Setup.
Only option is OK and this closes the app.
trans_lux

Postby hjackson on Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:59 pm

"Does this mean that you can't add the relevant files to enable DVDProfiler import as well ? I use it at the moment. Is Ant better than DVDProfiler ?"

That shouldn't be an issue. You just have to change it in the Setup.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby dgemily on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:29 am

Chazotta wrote:Does this mean that you can't add the relevant files to enable DVDProfiler import as well ?

in fact, the french pack doesn't install the movies.xml template, so you can not import your movies information using the general section of the xlobby set up but you can take the template from xlobby2prerelease1.zip or build it.
Chazotta wrote: Is Ant better than DVDProfiler ?

I love ant :) and we are not using it only for our movies database, we use it also for comics and TV-Series databases, videos games, audio cd. and xant plugin is awesome.
in the french forum, we have a section only for Ant Movie Catalog : http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/ind ... owforum=16
we also build and share some full database of comics, mangas, tv-series, videos games... so we use it a lot of time....

trans_lux wrote:dgemily I installed the French Pack but was unable to get it to run.
I get all the way to Images and get the following error-
Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your Setup.
Only option is OK and this closes the app.

someone on the French forum have athe same problem...I don't know why...but can you try one thing for me, delete "types.xml" from your xlobby repertory then restart xlobby.

later
dgemily

Postby trans_lux on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:21 am

Deleted file still-same issue.
Also installed it on another machine with same results?
Nothing shows up in the event viewer.
trans_lux

Postby dgemily on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:01 am

trans_lux wrote:Deleted file still-same issue.
Also installed it on another machine with same results?
Nothing shows up in the event viewer.

ok, thanks for the feedback . If we find a solution, I will post here...
dgemily

Postby trans_lux on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:03 pm

Is it possible for you to post working config files so I can take a look at them?
It looks like it has something to do with loading the images?
Also I'm using build 0.7.3.
Is this current?
trans_lux

Postby dgemily on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:51 pm

trans_lux wrote:Is it possible for you to post working config files so I can take a look at them?

it should be difficult, I'm doing a lot of tests on my pcs, and I didn't install xlobby from the french pack...
anyway you can replace file by those from xlobby2prerelease1.zip and the update xlobby2.zip
all others applications, plugins, softwares are installed by the pack, so update your files by the official release..
It looks like it has something to do with loading the images?

maybe... do you have a repertory "cache" inside the xlobby repertory ? is there something inside cache\ ?

an other question, where did you install xlobby ? in C:\Program Files\xlobbyFr\ ?

Also I'm using build 0.7.3.
Is this current?

yep it's the last one ( it's a recent version)

later
dgemily

Postby trans_lux on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 pm

Thanks for the direction. However this did not resolve the issues.
I think it has something to do with one of the included/default skins-Xmedia2-games When I delete this skin and choose any other skin everything opens and runs fine. Or is it one of the plugins that this skin is trying to load?
trans_lux

Postby dgemily on Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:25 am

ok, so we know that is a problem with this skin...
Or is it one of the plugins that this skin is trying to load?

can you try to deplace the full repertory "plugins" and load Xmedia2-games ?
dgemily

Postby dgemily on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:36 pm

trans_lux, if you use a resolution 1024*768 you should not reproduce this error..
anyway, the problem is located on the screen apparance, you can delete this screen by deleted the files apparance.xml in xlobbyfr\skins\Xmedia2-games\ or update the skin from here : http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/sagi ... -games.zip

later
dgemily