DVD Profiler Pro - Is it worth the money?

Speak your mind

DVD Profiler Pro - Is it worth the money?

Postby tollanarama on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 am

Hi, I'm currently using DVD Profiler Free to catalogue my online DVD collection (ripped to HDD).

It takes a little time to set up, but is great!!

I'm wondering whether to pay to upgrade to Pro.
Has anyone paid to upgrade to DVD Profiler Pro so you can get Hi-Res images?

Is it worth it??
tollanarama

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:33 am

No, use AMC (Ant Movie Catalog) and the Xant plugin. It's free, and you can still download high rez images from different locations. Currently my favorite is DVDEmpire.com.

Nothing wrong with DVD Profiler, if that is your cup of tea, but AMC/Xant is awesome. Like Profiler, takes some getting used to in the initial setup, but the catelog is easily maintained thereafter.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:55 pm

I agree Ant is the best for me and I have tried alot of different ones in the past.
scottw

Postby bmblank on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 pm

We use dvd profiler also. What can pro do that the free version can't?
bmblank

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:56 pm

I have DVDProfiler pro edition. I tried to use the spiders to create high res. covers with great results only to have all the spidered covers lost on my next DVDpro data refresh (actually my .xml file was changed to point to a different directory by DVDpro default). I use a Sony DVD megachager and DVDpro seems to be the easiest way for me to be able to get the covers and be able to enter location and slot numbers (Steven added these import fields to xl a few months ago) for my collection and then be able to use that information to select and view movies.

It's purely a personal decision, if you want ease of use and high quality covers go with DVDpro. If you want to spend some time getting to know ANT and are not going to be adding a DVD megachanger to your system in the future go with ANT.

Good luck!!!
Last edited by sharp_1 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharp_1

Postby tollanarama on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 am

Thanks for the replies!

I've tried to use Ant & XAnt - but I just can't get it to work (hence using DVD Profiler). (see my post at: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5404&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Can anyone please tell me (in Very small words please!!!!) how to set up Ant & XAnt - I've tried following the English guide at: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3759&highlight=xant but I don't get any details showing onscreen & no images!!!

My French is useless so I cannot use the original French guide.
tollanarama

Postby tollanarama on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:17 am

:D BUMP :D
tollanarama

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 pm

I posted in your other thread.
scottw