Zoneskin3 Release - Final Public Update 12/9/07 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks for the compliments. Please give me feedback on the documentation. Anything to add...takeout, let me know. I'm really interested in how it works on a touchscreen...scottw? Is yours back from warrentee?

I've also have thoughts going through my head on the next ZoneSkin...something where you won't even need VAC, since I'm thinking that PervTalk/XLobby/KX Drivers will be able to do it all. We'll have to wait and see.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Ok will do.

It looks like you basically have it setup now the way VAC works right, or am I missing something?
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Well, I'm not using VAC in my application. The flow is somewhat similar in that in my setup, I select the zone to control, then select the source, where in the VAC setup you select source, then select the zone. But when it comes to the PervTalk portion, they pretty much behave the same way I think.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:48 pm

I check your documentation... and have to say it seems to be very good one indeed... theres just too much for lazy bear to read :)

one thing however caught my eyes:

Code: Select all
plugin>xPerT>Variable>overlay_volumecontrol_Familyroom>kX driver>Familyroom bar

overlay_volumencontrol_Familyroom

i suppose your screenname is overlay_volumecontrol, but xPerT will parse this as if screenname would be "overlay", this causes atleast problem that mouseclicks on bar are not delivered to kXd, and might cause other problems as well. I suggest avoiding to use of "_"-character on screennames which will be used together kXd.

EDIT: now that im rethinking... it might actually be that u r doing this purposely to supress the clicks since u have those invisible buttons...
Last edited by P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:51 pm

OK cool.

I am thinking your way may be better for me. The way I have it setup right now is a bit confusing except for me since I made it :D

I think I may give yours a try. Maybe interacting with the KX drivers directly may work out better for me. Either way you skin gave me some ideas.

Thanks for releasing it.
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:05 pm

i suppose your screenname is overlay_volumecontrol, but xPerT will parse this as if screenname would be "overlay", this causes atleast problem that mouseclicks on bar are not delivered to kXd, and might cause other problems as well. I suggest avoiding to use of "_"-character on screennames which will be used together kXd.

EDIT: now that im rethinking... it might actually be that u r doing this purposely to supress the clicks since u have those invisible buttons...

Actually, I did not know that. I will have to try it out tonight, and if it works, it would make the whole setup that much easier (so I wouldn't have to use the invisible.png file) and have direct control of the bars themselves either on server or through thin client.

Thanks for the tip P3rv.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:14 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Actually, I did not know that. I will have to try it out tonight, and if it works, it would make the whole setup that much easier (so I wouldn't have to use the invisible.png file) and have direct control of the bars themselves either on server or through thin client.

Thanks for the tip P3rv.

Might be its not worthwile, im 98% sure theres still no way to get clicks transfered from thin client to xPerT running on server. But that "_"-character might explain some unexplained probs there was during setup.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:21 pm

If that's the case, then I may just leave as is. Thin client control is working great by selecting bars, and updates no problems using the invisible.png way.

P3rv, or Scott,

I'm currently not close to my machine running the KX drivers. If you are, could you let me know in the DSP if there is a mixer larger than the two input one we're using?
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm

I am at work, sorry.
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:29 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:If that's the case, then I may just leave as is. Thin client control is working great by selecting bars, and updates no problems using the invisible.png way.

I think that is the best. Actually removing it might cause that when using from server u would get doubleclick (for both invisible buttons, and kXd built in clicks).

I'm currently not close to my machine running the KX drivers. If you are, could you let me know in the DSP if there is a mixer larger than the two input one we're using?

There seems to be something called mixy 4x2 and 8x2, these have 8 and 16 inputs respectively and two output channels both... so i believe they might be what u r looking for... anycase would be cool to know if kXd works together with some other plugins, never tested yet either i suppose.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:00 pm

**Updated 4.3.07**

Updated ZoneSkin3, view end of first post to find out what changed/was corrected. Really, only minor stuff.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:26 am

Marbles,

Do your zone map "green" images get displayed on your XL machine if activated from the PPC. In other words if you do a whole house sync from the PPC does it show on the Xl machine?
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:40 am

if you do a whole house sync from the PPC does it show on the Xl machine

Doing mainfloor, upstairs or whole house sync toggles will only indicate on the system that you run from. Meaning if you toggle the PPC thin client, then the toggle state will show only on the PPC. Toggle the server, then the rooms affected within the sync pattern will shade out. This goes back to the global toggle state I've been asking for.

Do your zone map "green" images get displayed on your XL machine if activated from the PPC.

I never had a need for that, as I'm using the PPC to control the server, and never have a need to view the server while being controlled by the PPC, but I don't believe that is possible....well, maybe it may be possible, but you'd have to call everything exactly the same between server/client, and then it may work.

My main concern with the zonemap, besides getting it to work period, was to somehow make it work for touchscreen users. These people will use most likely be at least using a thin client but full "server" view screen. In may eyes the zonemap had to work for those individuals. Any touchscreen users with feedback on that please let me know.

Hope this was helpful.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:59 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought. I didn't know if you found a way around the Global Toggle thing. My main control for my XL setup is a touchscreen running a thin client, which I am without for the moment :evil: but that's another story, and a PPC. I mainly needed the global toggle to be "synced" between the 2 thin clients.

I must say your zone map inspired me, I am working on one myself now. The use of the "invisible" buttons is brilliant :D

The only problem I am having, and may not run into this situation to often, is if one person is using the touch screen and another using the PPC. I want the changes to be reflected.
I am going to give your feature request a bump, who knows :lol:

Thanks for getting back to me.
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:06 pm

Ah, I see your dilema. Yeah, until there's that global toggle feature (which would be one thing to entice me into buying a newer version, Steven...*Hint* Hint*), there's not much I can do. I still exploring possibilities, don't get me wrong...all to often, my limitations seem to be no more than errors on my behalf.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext