New Source for HTPC Software Information

Speak your mind

New Source for HTPC Software Information

Postby hobbes487 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:38 am

Hey all!

I have created a new community that focuses on software for HTPCs. This includes frontends, media players, utilites, etc. On the site there is news about HTPC software, a version tracker, user submitted reviews, and a forum for discussion about all things software for HTPCs. Come check us out at http://www.htpcsw.com

My main idea for the site is to have a place where people can get help with programs they want to use for their HTPC. I know when I was building my first HTPC it was hard to find a lot of help with certain programs. Most of the information I got was about what hardware to choose and what was compatiple with what. This was all extremely helpful, but once I got the thing built I was a little lost when it came to choose what software to use. There are all kinds of neat little programs that do very specific tasks and I want my site to be a place where people can go to find out about all these programs.
hobbes487

Abducted

Postby spring85 on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:07 pm

I guess that you must of been abducted lat night or something cos your definatly are not thinking straight.
spring85

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:38 pm

Well Spring, with your "Great" thought and wisdom, why don't you elaborate on why you would say that. Hobbes is a pretty decent individual who is trying to help out the HTPC communitee as a whole, which to most people, is a pretty cool idea. We don't need pee brain responses such as your. Go back to your online poker or at least keep your responses to something meaningful for Xlobby.
Marbles_00

Re: Abducted

Postby CiXel on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:04 am

spring85 wrote:I guess that you must of been abducted lat night or something cos your definatly are not thinking straight.

Mee thinks someone is trying to get their post count up. . .

It's a good collection of HTPC related info, and I'm sure will prove a useful stomping ground as time goes on.
CiXel