What to do with MP3 singles in the DB?

Speak your mind

What to do with MP3 singles in the DB?

Postby buymeapc on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 pm

How do you guys have your music singles categorized in your DB?

I'm not looking for a how-to guide, I'm just looking for ideas for adding the music singles I have into the DB and still have everything look nice and functional.
buymeapc

Re: What to do with MP3 singles in the DB?

Postby dalanik on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:31 pm

buymeapc wrote:How do you guys have your music singles categorized in your DB?

I'm not looking for a how-to guide, I'm just looking for ideas for adding the music singles I have into the DB and still have everything look nice and functional.

I have like 500+ songs that are not in albums, etc. So in tag editor, I set tags to various artists, and put artist name together with song name, i.e. "ac-dc - hells bells"... So in XLobby, I have an "variuous" folder that has all these non-categorized songs... far from perfect but I didn't see any other way...
dalanik

Postby m_masta on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:51 pm

I simply tag the song/single correctly; meaning I say what album it's from etc... and I import using id3 tags ans sort Artist-> album. So when I click that album, I may only have that one song, but it doesn't bother me too much.
I can see why you would want a separate "singles" or "various" section, but to me, I didn't mind having single song albums :lol:

masta
m_masta

Postby dalanik on Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Yes, I do that too - i.e. when I have several other albums by an artist, then I can "smuggle" a couple of "single" songs....
dalanik