DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:49 am

Colby:

If I want to have a button execute a batch file how would I go about setting that up? I created the button and I have the batch file now I just need the two to come together. Thanks for your help.
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:37 am

I am not 100% sure, but I think all you do is create an event with OS execute command. then point it to your file.
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:17 pm

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!!! Thanks
sharp_1

Postby a06lp on Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:42 pm

I use a TV for my HTPC. Is there a way to make this skin work for 800x600, without cutting off words?
I really like you skin and want to use it on my tv.
a06lp

Postby Colby on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:13 pm

You would have to go in and change a lot of things to make it smaller. But if you want to feel free. I know I am not going to make this skin another size, my development on this is up in the air at this point. I have another skin in the works that I currently use. Maybe someone out there has already downscaled this and could share, I will host it if someone has done the work.

For starting point you will need to change the resources, and make sure the aspect ratio checkbox is checked on all things you are wanting scaled. If it were me I would run a batch automation in Photoshop to resize the images to 80% of thier current size to cut down on file size and speed loading and performance of the skin. But thats just me.

I really like you skin and want to use it on my tv.

Or you could just buy a bigger tv. :wink:
Colby

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:23 pm

Colby wrote:If it were me I would run a batch automation in Photoshop to resize the images to 80% of thier current size to cut down on file size and speed loading and performance of the skin.

Sounds good to me. How do I do that in photoshop?
a06lp

Postby rembetis on Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:47 pm

No offence, a06lp, but you've been here all of 1 day and already you have 17 posts, the vast majority of which are either of the "tell me how to do this" or "why doesn't Xlobby do what I want?" variety. You'll find most people around here are very generous with their support (and if Colby really held your hand for 5 hours last night, then perhaps you should give him a break) but non-stop, rapid-fire help requests get old pretty fast.

Google is your friend: Automating Image Processing using Adobe PhotoShop
rembetis

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 pm

fair enough, r.
I'm just trying to get my htpc migrated to XL as quickly and smoothly as possible.
trying to overcome the learning curve is always hard, and I'm just trying to understand.

as for my post count - many of them are on the same issue of id3 tagging, which is what im trying to figure out.

im sorry if its annoying to you all, but im sure you all had trouble in the beginning.

ps - thanks for that great link.
a06lp

Postby Colby on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:00 am

I mildly updated my skin for those who care.

UPDATED
1. Removed show/hide events from menu, replaced with set text event. (Streamlining)
2. Created music search overlay filter buttons into toggles. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
3. Created movies search overlay filter buttons into toggles. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
4. Created photos search overlay filter buttons into toggles. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
-->bunch of new events to make toggles work
5. Removed wasted events from event manager. (Streamlining)
6. Added total albums to music page. (Informational)
7. Added total tracks to music page. (Informational)
8. Combined play/ pause button to 1 button toggle. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
11. Added nowplaying time toggles to pause. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
10. Added open albumtracks overlay from nowplaying cover. (Functional)
12. Changed music progress bar image. (Cosmetic)
13. Minor realignment of buttons on music page. (Cosmetic)
14. Added new yellow text to overlay_playlist. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
15. Created new overlay with events to move entry up, delete, or down in playlist on playlist overlay. (Cosmetic/ Functional)
16. Created new delete playlist toggle, with new image. (Functional)
17. Created a playlist rename overlay with keyboard and information. Save and exit event. (Functional / Informational)
18. Removed and renamed unused buttons. (Streamlining)

04/11/06

Any questions or comments let me know. I dont know what version of Xlobby you need, but it must have the toggles implemented in the skin editor. ENJOY!!!!!!
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:27 am

Awesome Job Colby...I will give it a shot tomorrow. I am excited to see how the toggles work since I haven't been able to figure them out yet. Thanks!!!
sharp_1

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:18 am

jepers, rembetis did you get out of bed on the wrong side? :)
S Pittaway

Postby rembetis on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:01 pm

S Pittaway wrote:jepers, rembetis did you get out of bed on the wrong side? :)

Not that I can recall. I guess some styles of posting just push my "fume" button. If I have been too harsh on a06lp, then I sincerely apologize. Hell, I beg for help all the time (though I hope more humbly, and after an exhaustive effort on my own).
rembetis

Postby a06lp on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:37 am

@Colby,

I'm having a slight bug with your music screen in your skin.

When I select an artist (pressing "enter" or clicking the mous), the album screen opens, but the album-overlay opens too, before i select an album - it picks the first one.

it should wait until i choose which one, no?
a06lp

Postby Colby on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:56 am

ao6lp, I have told you b4 that my skin wouldnt work well for your 3 levels of music. The reason it does this is because the info screen for the music is the overlay. When you click an album you have the info. If you click the artist level, (not considered when making my skin), it doesnt know not to give details in an overlay. Thats how I designed it. You will need your details to show in the same category so you can have 3 levels. I thought you got this working.
Colby

Postby a06lp on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Colby,
I remember that we fixed it, but when looking through your skin I forgot and posted what I thought was a bug.
Forget that.

However, as per your recomendation, I've tried making my own skin, using your ideas into the default skin.
I cannot seem to get the defualt skin to give me 3 levels.
Can you help?
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4231
a06lp

PreviousNext