Where does XLobby get's it covers?

Speak your mind

Where does XLobby get's it covers?

Postby Arthur on Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:08 pm

Hello, does anyone know wher Xlobby searches for covers? It would be nice if I could upload some covers.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:24 am

xlobby gets it's covers from amazon.com .... it basicly does a search on your behalf and returns the results to you.....so there is no way to upload. If you want really high quality dvd covers you might have to look into getting dvdprofiler.
stevenhanna6

Postby RobBug on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:06 pm

I may be missing something but how do you enable xlobbly to look for the covers?

Thanks
Rob
RobBug

Postby Tracie on Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:09 am

You need to use the database editor. Hit F2, then click on the database tab, then highlight the database that you want to work with (movies or music) & click edit, then highlight the movie or cd that you want to download cover art for on the left. On the right you have tabs that will allow you to download cover art or stills & info.
Tracie

Postby RobBug on Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:10 am

Thanks!

Rob
RobBug

Postby Farkus on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:41 pm

What about CD covers? Are they obtained from the tag or through Winamp somehow?
Farkus

Postby Tracie on Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:20 pm

What about CD covers?

Use the same method that I described above, just use the music.xml file to work with. Works great.
Tracie

info and stills need help

Postby bagrubes on Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:00 pm

I can not get info and stills to download it searches but does not return anything? what am I doing wrong??

By the way Steve nice program I have only been using it for 2 days but you are the man.

Bruce
bagrubes

Postby Arthur on Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:48 pm

bagrubes,

Take a look at this topic
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=835

Arthur
Arthur

Postby handzsolo on Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:57 pm

I recommend getting Gotcha Covered (do a google search)

It costs a few £/$ to register otherwise you can only search 10 albums at a time. Otherwise you can just select your entire collection and it'll search for the lot.

It uses walmart, buy. amazon.com/.uk/.de/.co.jp

the german mazon is suprisingly the best i've found!
handzsolo

Postby mattdisaster on Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:58 pm

I agree, I dont think I've ever actually used xlobby to get covers (no affen steven). I've long time been a supporter of gotcha covered - it's a great program!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:52 pm

I dont think I've ever actually used xlobby to get covers (no affen steven).

:shock: hehehe I dont mind, I use the built in one because I see the results automatically. But it brings up a good point, I will have to change the new database refresh code so it scans for a new cover if you didnt have one before.

I recommend getting Gotcha Covered (do a google search)

feel free to post the link, I know I coudn't find it.

I do want to update my cover art downloading code so its more flexible....just another thing on the ever growing list. But it will be based off templates so we can have a template for each cover site, and those templates can be updated independently of xlobby.
stevenhanna6

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Here ya go:

http://home.mchsi.com/~ron.crawley/

Good luck, and have fun!

-matt
mattdisaster

Control covers search?

Postby Colby on Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:06 am

stevenhanna6 wrote:xlobby gets it's covers from amazon.com .... it basicly does a search on your behalf and returns the results to you.....so there is no way to upload. If you want really high quality dvd covers you might have to look into getting dvdprofiler.

The covers search is a great tool but a bit limited, would there be a way the user could specify where it gets its covers from? I have found that walmart.com and target.com have a lot of high quality covers that amazon didnt find. It would be nice to have a choice, maybe a drop down menu or something. Thanks.

:D
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:31 pm

The covers search is a great tool but a bit limited, would there be a way the user could specify where it gets its covers from? I have found that walmart.com and target.com have a lot of high quality covers that amazon didnt find. It would be nice to have a choice, maybe a drop down menu or something. Thanks.

I will be adding a feature so you can define where and how to get covers or any other kind of info from a website. Its still just a thought in my head but it will be something I add asap.....we have to expand out minds a little here....not only will you be able to define a download template for dvd/music cover art from wallmart and amazon.....but how about some templates for downloading recipes.....rom information/covers....anything you can think of :)
stevenhanna6

Next