xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout v1.0

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Jay wrote:Looking further, I can go into (menu) >setup >audio and control the volume using Music Player Volume. Master Volume has no effect, so that's a clue.

hi Jay, not sure where you are going with this. In the latest ver and the free ver, play with the volume command under music in the events section. You can test it from the setup screen without having to assign it to a button, just have winamp open at the same time where you can see it. If you click on the volume command and in the box that says Increase or decrease volume by... enter -10. Now hit test a few times and you should see and hear the volume reduce in winamp. It will not touch your windows volume. I've just tested this and it works fine. Although personally I don't use it as I have all volumes set to max and control master volume though my external amp.
defrag

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:01 pm

scottw wrote:If you have a way to fix this or figure out what I am doing wrong (with the playlist and favorites) I will be forever grateful :lol: :lol:

Well I fixed the favorites.... 8)

Must admit never noticed the defect in playlists - I would say one for Steven, but if it's fixed in the new version.............
Last edited by defrag on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:18 pm

defrag wrote:
scottw wrote:If you have a way to fix this or figure out what I am doing wrong (with the playlist and favorites) I will be forever grateful :lol: :lol: quote]

Must admit never noticed the defect in playlists - I would say one for Steven, but if it's fixed in the new version.............

Thanks for fixing the fav's I will try it out later tonight or tomorrow.

If someone can still confirm the playlist bug for me in the free version I would appreciate it, just want to make sure it is not just me.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:21 am

defrag wrote:
Jay wrote:Looking further, I can go into (menu) >setup >audio and control the volume using Music Player Volume. Master Volume has no effect, so that's a clue.

hi Jay, not sure where you are going with this. In the latest ver and the free ver, play with the volume command under music in the events section. You can test it from the setup screen without having to assign it to a button, just have winamp open at the same time where you can see it. If you click on the volume command and in the box that says Increase or decrease volume by... enter -10. Now hit test a few times and you should see and hear the volume reduce in winamp. It will not touch your windows volume. I've just tested this and it works fine. Although personally I don't use it as I have all volumes set to max and control master volume though my external amp.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, am I correct that the way to substitute winamp for the included player is to add the path and restart the prerelease? Then to switch back to the included player is to remove the path to Winamp and restart? Doesn't seem right.
Jay

Re: xLiveShout v1.1

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Jay wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a try. BTW, am I correct that the way to substitute winamp for the included player is to add the path and restart the prerelease? Then to switch back to the included player is to remove the path to Winamp and restart? Doesn't seem right.

Create your winamp as a second zone (mine happens to be called "bonus room" and use the SET ZONE to switch to the winamp zone when you are on the radio screen and the set zone = default to use the internal player for CDs. You CAN use zone numbers, but calling the zones by name helps avoid problems if xLobby decides to load them in a different order.

See my post here http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5959&start=90 towards the bottom of the page for details. works great!
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:02 pm

CMH. Excellent. Makes sense - have never played with zoning 2 players.

Defrag. Yes, I can control the volume in the prerel as you suggested. Since it works, I assume that's the Player volume, not the Master volume. Funny that everything works normally in the Freebe. I'll work on this.

I should add that I installed the new Winamp 5.5 just before I started playing with the prelease. Hmm.
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:23 pm

That's the version I've got, I think. I've never "zoned" before either, but since the internal player doesn't support URLs, This was the only way. You could also, I think, remove the "default" internal zone, so that box is blank, and then everything will go to winamp, just like the free version, but that defeats the purpose hehehe.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 pm

:wink:
Jay

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:43 pm

defrag wrote:
scottw wrote:If you have a way to fix this or figure out what I am doing wrong (with the playlist and favorites) I will be forever grateful :lol: :lol:

Well it did the same thing as before......BUT if I do a "category:refresh" on "favorites" it shows up :D :D :D . So I just added that command to your "Add to Fav" button and it works great.

GOOD JOB!!!

It's weird though that the "category:refresh" works for your favorites cat but if I do it on: playlist it does nothing for my other problem (not related to your plugin :D ).
scottw

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Hey-ho!! It's always tricky getting categories to refresh that are modified outside xlobby. Glad you got it sorted though!!!

Have you tried the auto-refresh option yet?
defrag

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:36 pm

I have the folder 1.1 but the plugin shows 1.0. When I configure, I don't have the Favorite Category name.
Jay

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Jay wrote:I have the folder 1.1 but the plugin shows 1.0. When I configure, I don't have the Favorite Category name.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Please try downloading again - I'm having a blonde moment. After you have unzipped (so to speak) right click on the dll and click properties. Click the Version tab and it should say 1.1.0.0
defrag

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks Blondey, got it :wink:

Everything else is current?
Jay

Postby defrag on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 pm

yep - should be!! too much going on.... but I'm around if you need any help
defrag

Postby Jay on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Well, I dropped back to the last screen (1.0). For some reason, the navigation:previous/next event buttons I put under the genres don't work. The plugin is up to date.
Jay

PreviousNext