View Trailer Button

Help each other out

View Trailer Button

Postby ddiv on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:48 pm

I have read the various other threads about Chads View Trailer Button, but didnt see any resolution to the matter...did it ever get worked out? Can I play the trailer from the specific movie page I am on?

I really hope this has been figured out as it would be great!

Thanks!
ddiv

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:50 pm

No one knows?? Chad do you have it working???
thanks all
ddiv

Postby bazooka13 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:24 pm

Well I have tried a couple of options for running a trailer or more before the movie starts. I keep my trailers on the hard drive but play the movie off of the DVD so this wouldn't work if you have your movies stored to the hard drive. I also am currently using a39 to do this in combination with DVD profiler and zoomplayer.

What I do is in the setup screen is point to the directory that has my trailers where I would normally specify my online movies. As long as my folder names match the name of the dvd according to DVD profiler, all of the movie information will show up and my trailer will play when I click on the default play button.

I have changed the message in the setup screen from "insert disc labeled..." to "No trailer available". This way if a particular movie doesn't have a trailer for it yet then that message will be displayed.

I have a seperate play button setup that starts up the movie when I have a disc in the drive and plays the random trailers before it.

I hope that may help somewhat or give an idea of something to try.
bazooka13

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:10 pm

hmm thanks, that is an interestign workaround. I will consider it, although it is still not exactly how I want to do it.

thanks!
ddiv