Web/IP Camera client integration

Speak your mind

Web/IP Camera client integration

Postby berniejr on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:05 pm

Has anyone managed, or can someone point me to a way to make live video from my web/ip cameras viewable from a xlobby client? I have found multiple ways to integrate my cameras into my main Xlobby system, however they are only viewable from the monitor or TV which is connected to that particular Xlobby machine. I want it so that I can view the live feed from those cameras from my client machines, laptop/PPC/ or touch tablet. The camera's are viewable from a custom webpage that I have designed or form a Linksys piece of software. The only possible workaround that I have found is to use dual monitor connections from the 3 Xlobby boxes located throughout the house. This solution however is limits me to those locations only , and doesn't allow for wireless connectivity. Any thoughts on this?
berniejr

Postby edgley on Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:46 pm

yes this can be done, i have it on my skin.
there is a plug in you need. i cannt remember what but all the answers are on the forum.
edgley

Postby berniejr on Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:06 pm

I've searched and searched and I haven't found anything with the exception of XMOVEWINDOWS plugin. It allows me to see live video via the machine Xlobby PC but not the client. What type of camera are you using and which skin?
berniejr