A new control for our skins...

Got an idea, post it here

A new control for our skins...

Postby maniac's on Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:39 pm

Hi,

May be it already exist but I hadn't seen it. So....

I'll love to see have a kind of control (label or button) to display moving text, like the HTML marquee tag !!!

It would add a lot of animation to Xlobby interfaces.... like CNN or like winamp for example...

Do you think it's possible Steven ?
maniac's

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:13 pm

yeah that would be cool, especially for a text box like a track title, when the box can't be long enough to fit all the text it can be set so it scrolls at a set rate :)
jowaldo

Postby Berra on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:29 am

I third this great request.

I really like the idea about the text scrolling when the text space is to small to show the whole text.

The best thing to do would be to set it to automaticly scroll the text inside the "box" (for a lack of a better word) if the space is to small, but if its big enough the text stands still as usual.
Berra

Postby dalanik on Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:47 am

Berra wrote:I third this great request.

I really like the idea about the text scrolling when the text space is to small to show the whole text.

The best thing to do would be to set it to automaticly scroll the text inside the "box" (for a lack of a better word) if the space is to small, but if its big enough the text stands still as usual.

This would be cool option - but not automatically - it would lead to all sorts of errors (buttons scrolling etc) - better to have checkbox for scroll...

D.
dalanik

Postby sp00head on Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:05 am

I think this idea could lead to some sweet lookin skins.
sp00head

Postby dalanik on Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 am

sp00head wrote:I think this idea could lead to some sweet lookin skins.

While we're at it, how hard it would be to implement usage of animated GIFs (or PNGs ? I'm not sure whether PNG supports animation since I don't use it very much) for buttons and graphics?

(I know, I know - I'm asking for too much...)

D.
dalanik