Help with ape track naming

Help each other out

Help with ape track naming

Postby Roscoe62 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:28 pm

I've got a problem I need some help with!

I have about 20-odd albums online I use with X-Lobby. I noticed the other day that the last 3 albums I ripped and compressed into ape format will not show up in XLobby using the track names I'd given them. Instead, they'll just appear as Track 1, Track 2 etc. The album name also doesn't seem to work. It will just appear under "unknown artist".

I thought maybe something wasn't quite working under the experimental version, but I've just noticed that Winamp 5 is also doing exactly the same thing! When I open the playlist manager and point it to the directory, all the tracks appear as track 1, track 2 etc instead of their names! I don't recall doing anything differently while ripping / compressing these albums. As a test I picked a couple of my other albums randomly and those track names appear just fine. I tried to see whether there were any tags attached which might have been interfering with winamp or xlobby picking up the names but no joy.....no attached tags. I use Exact Audio Copy to rip & compress my CDs, and I use the directory structure : Music/Artist/Album.....I'm stumped!

Does anyone have any clues? :cry:
Roscoe62

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:00 pm

maybe they have "ape tags" which are not the same as id3 tags? I would have to get a hold of one of your APE files to take a look....but I know those things are huge....maybe you have a small one under 10MB that I can look at?
stevenhanna6

Postby Roscoe62 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Steven,

are you just after one ape file to look at? If that's the case I do have one that's less than 10Mb I can send you. Where would you like me to send it?
Roscoe62

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:29 pm

if its a track that isnt displaying properly like you said, send it to

mailto:steve@xlobby.com
stevenhanna6

Postby Roscoe62 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:37 am

Steven,

You've got mail
Roscoe62