Media Player - Position is Lost Once Screen is Left

Got an idea, post it here

Media Player - Position is Lost Once Screen is Left

Postby smarty on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm

While watching a movie, sometimes we like/(need to) pause it, and take a bathroom break or maybe look at the deer on the security cams etc. Anyway, once the media player screen in Xlobby is left, when I return to the media player screen, the movie we were watching is no longer at the spot where we left it (the movie is still selected, but the progress on the progress bar os back to the initial position). It would sure be nice to have it stay where we paused is (or to even keep it playing in the back ground while we we on different Xlobby screens). Can this be done? There are no exit or enter screen events, so I don't know how this is getting reset.

I am still using the last paid version of Xlobby 2. If Xlobby 3 doens't loose my played back movie position, this would finally give me enough reasons to jump over to Xlobby 3.
smarty

Re: Media Player - Position is Lost Once Screen is Left

Postby wesblack on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 pm

The current version of xLobby V3 will bookmark the movie. If you watch the movie for at least 5 minutes then a bookmark is created in the root directory of that movie and if you leave the media player screen and return to the movie it will start playing where you left off. So if the content is stored on an external hard drive and you watch a movie on one xLobby system and then remove the drive and plug it into another xLobby system the movie will still start at the bookmark.

See this post item 12 and other details. The news section is updated on a regular bassis on new features, etc. + all the news posts are archived.

http://xlobby.com/news/2008/09/27/v3-update/

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Re: Media Player - Position is Lost Once Screen is Left

Postby smarty on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks Wes. That one got by me!!!

Guess it is time to take the plunge in Ver 3. The next long, rainy weekend here I come.
smarty