Question regarding id tags on songs imported from iTunes lib

Speak your mind

Question regarding id tags on songs imported from iTunes lib

Postby appelm on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:32 pm

Most of my ripped music is in m4a format (iTunes AAC without digital rights bs) along with some mp3 stuff. I want the music to be organized by Genre and then Artist in Xlobby as it is in iTunes. I've managed to import the songs by genre using the import database tab and that works great for the mp3's. But all the AAC's get lumped into an iTunes music folder rather than grouped into the appropriate genre. The song names and artist/album info comes in. Just not the genre it seems.

Is this a winamp issue? Is there anyway to get the iTunes AAC files grouped into their appropriate genre folders? They have all the correct AAC id tags which presumably are different from the mp3 tags in some way.

Thanks.
appelm

Postby appelm on Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:59 pm

Any thoughts anyone?
appelm

Postby jowaldo on Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:08 pm

Unfortunately I can't help with this, but I have a related question and was hoping someone who knows more about this would read this thread.

I'm trying to find out how to get any program (the best would be if xlobby did it automatically) to read the rating on a song. I know that itunes puts a weird comments field in the mp3 to tell how many stars you rate a song, but I'd like that to be viewable and settable in xlobby or another program like winamp, which would make it accessable in xlobby.
jowaldo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:15 am

you could send me one of these files and I could see what I can do....no promises though. I'll just check if xp has the ability to pull the info, if it does no problem....if it doesnt....I would have to write a tag reader.

mailto:steve@xlobby.com
stevenhanna6

Postby jowaldo on Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Just sent you a sample..

Thanks
jowaldo

Postby appelm on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:24 pm

oh so did I (last night).. thought you were responding to me but maybe not. anyway hope you can help.
appelm

Re: Question regarding id tags on songs imported from iTunes lib

Postby WannaTheater on Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Anyone know if this ever got resolved; i.e. was a new tag reader ever incorporated in last free version for AAC files? Or does someone have a fix (other than hand-editing any imported AAC/m4a files?)

Thanks!
WannaTheater