XWeather and XoapWeather not working?

Help each other out

XWeather and XoapWeather not working?

Postby dalanik on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:05 am

Just noticed that both weather plugins stopped working for me... They display none or partial information for the past 2 days... Has anyone else had problems with these?

cheers,
D.
dalanik

Re: XWeather and XoapWeather not working?

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:42 am

I use Xoap V1.2 on two computers. My music server's last update was at 2:00am this morning...all info seemed to come through that I display. My other computer, I just started xlobby, so it's last update was this morning at 5:00am, again all information that I display came in.

What have you noticed missing? Maybe I'm not using the same variables, so the reasone I'm not seeing your problem.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:11 pm

xweather wasn't working yesterday. I would get the High and Low temp for the day, that's it, not even the city name. Didn't look this morning before I headed into work.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:21 pm

XWeather for (US) Philadelphia, PA and Johns Island, SC have been totally solid since Stephen's last update.
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:22 pm

are you talking forecast working or current information?
I cannot display the city the forecast is for (using either %city% or %name%) or the Current: Temp, Humidity, Wind, Feels like, Dewpoint, Barometer, Visibiltiy, sunrise or sunset. All these were working prior to yesterday. The forecast is fine with the exception of no City name again.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:35 pm

Everything is nominal, maps too. Try another location to test? Maybe one of mine above.
Jay

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:17 pm

My one computer received information as of 4:00pm, all is working fine...forcast for 4 days, icons, current information (including all the minor stuff like sunrise/sunset). I haven't checked the music server again, but I suspect, bringing that out of sleep, I will not see any updates unless I restart xlobby.
Marbles_00

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:01 pm

no change, in either the default or HTCC skin (modified to use XWeather), "free" xlobby or Pre-release (using same xweather DLL in both cases (modified to use XWeather). I added Philly, same result. no current information other than High/low. Basically, it looks like nothing in format of plugin>xweather>current>%variable% is working. if it's plugin>xweather>current>1>%variable% it's fine, if that variable is available of course.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Weird. Reinstall plugin?
Jay

Postby wesblack on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:52 am

The XWeather plugin has been updated from version 2.2 to 2.3 . The data formatting structure was changed and Steven had to modify the code to fix it. The plugin can be updated thru xLobby under F2, Download. Click on download list then click on XWeather to load the new version, next click Install Updates Now. Xlobby will install the new update and then close and relaunch.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Jay on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:22 am

Thanks Wes.
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 pm

it works, but the "sunset" variable has a BUNCH of extraneous data, not just the sunset time. I can keep it from showing by making my field narrower, but I still have ... at the end since there is more there. Visibility also has lots of extra data.
Last edited by cmhardwick on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmhardwick

Postby dalanik on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:59 pm

Xweather seems OK now after the update... but i'm not getting all locations from XoapWeather... who is the author of this one?
dalanik

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:55 pm

dalanik wrote:Xweather seems OK now after the update... but i'm not getting all locations from XoapWeather... who is the author of this one?

I think Atlas is in charge of it now... however its open source so if u need to do a personal mod u can always give it a stab... I was under great temptation to mod it a little, when i needed to get plugins output into xpert for use in euroweather, cause i noticed after going trough source that it would require only one character chance to make it work... but incase i would want to distribute euroweather, i didnt like the idea of stepping toes of the author, by distributing modded version of xoap with it, so i end up developing concept of "variable smuggling" within xPerT
P3rv3rt B3ar