Help, How do you setup xlobby on an ipaq?

Speak your mind

Help, How do you setup xlobby on an ipaq?

Postby danward79 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:46 pm

Hi

Just downloaded xlobby, would like to try it i will be setting it up on my main pc till i get it working, then will transfer it to the htpc, i use myhtpc, sage tv and tt.

Could someone post some info on how to set it up so i can control it from my ipaq ppc. or a link to some info i tried search here and avs forums. I also checked out the help section of the site.

Please....

Cheers

Dan
danward79

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:03 pm

once you get xlobby working on your pc you have to go into setup and start the "server"....it will tell you the ip your server is running on. Then you just have to copy

xlobby2sd.exe
servers.txt

to your ipaq and edit the servers.txt file to something like

192.168.1.101:ppcmenu

then start xlobby2sd.exe.

Check the "client" directory there is a README!!!!!!.txt that explains this in a little more detail. I can confirm it does work on an ipaq...my brother uses an ipaq with xlobby. reply back if you have any problems.

Oh yah make sure your ipaq has the ".net compact framework " installed!!!
stevenhanna6

Ipaq PPC

Postby arturo on Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:54 pm

I'm probably just being a bit rubbish but having trouble with the Ipaq. Have installed .net on PC and Ipaq. Get the error message

Connect() error, Class:ClientSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException:Could not find resource assembly

If the example file in clients servers.txt has 192.168.1.101 and the actual computers IP address is different in the setup I assume that would not connect? I've tried all I can think of.....

If the IP of the desktop computer is 192.168.0.1 would this have to be set in the file on the PPC? I tried that anyway but I still get the error above.

How a bout a bluetooth option :) Looks like a great program though.....

I take it the file in the client folder is just for the PPC, it isn't used by the main program?

Matt
arturo

Postby jowaldo on Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:51 pm

the xlobby2sd.exe in the client folder is for any client connecting to xlobby, regular pc or ppc. As long as you got .net installed on your Ipaq, and the servers.txt file (make sure the name of this file is in all lower case) is in the same folder on the ppc with the xlobby2sd.exe you should be ok.

Your servers.txt file however should look something like this if your desktop servers IP is 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1:ppcmenu

If that does not work try the name of the pc you are connecting to instead of the IP address. For example if the name of the pc is, myserver you would just put this in your servers.txt file:

myserver:ppcmenu

I personally have had much better luck using the computer name instead of IP address.
jowaldo