New to v3 skinning :)

V3 help and support questions

New to v3 skinning :)

Postby dalanik on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 am

Hi all,

I'm back and this time I decided to finally try v3. I must say I'm VERY dissapointed with the new skin editor, it seems much more un-intuitive and requires more clicking and takes more space... well, what the hell, I'll get used to it :)

Now, first 2 things I noticed when I tried to run skin from older version (last freelobby) is that my resolution is incorrect. I set it via F2 to 1280x720 but it is larger and I checked by taking alt+print screen snapshot and it is 1600x900 in size? Any clues as to why? How do I display it in original resolution? My monitor is recognized in correct resolution.

Next thing is splash screen which is pretty strange. I have screen "splash" setup, but it is shown with background in 1280x720 and the rest is black. Also there is no text at the location I set in editor (preparing to start, etc). Also, there is an progress bar that I don't want :) or at least want to change it's location/size/skin....

Another issue I just discovered - in freeLobby, when I pressed "enter" in pictures category, I got the picture fullscreen. Now nothing happens. How is this fixed, is there a new event?

any help welcome!

regards,
D.
dalanik

Re: New to v3 skinning :)

Postby dalanik on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:25 am

I also noticed bug discussed here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7411

I am having problems with XScriptNG plugin as well, but this requires further testing.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 pm

hi,

the skin editor - agreed, but you do get used to it :)

screen size - you need to setup the viewportal size on the screen tab on the editor (i think it defaults to 800x600??) when i was playing with it last week it seems to pick-up the setting from the first xml file that xlobby scans (for me it was !.xml :))

splash screen - agreed its not as friendly as before and the only time i seem mine is when i have xlobby cloned (its on the secondary display...)

pictures - cant say i have noticed, mine works... what's the default skin doing?

above sounds a bit negative, V3 is a lot better than V2 (i even have a few bits animated now).
S Pittaway

Postby smarty on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm

S Pittaway wrote:above sounds a bit negative, V3 is a lot better than V2 (i even have a few bits animated now).

V3 is MUCH better than V2 (imho). Play with the default skin, it will help you see what has changed. I never was a great skinner, but V3 is STABLE and it allows for much of the same tweaking you great skinners could do. Good to see an "old timer" active again. :)
smarty

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:45 pm

yep, the stable bit is also very usefull :)

i tend to run the bleeding edge builds in the living room and its damm good!
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 pm

screen size - you need to setup the viewportal size on the screen tab on the editor (i think it defaults to 800x600??) when i was playing with it last week it seems to pick-up the setting from the first xml file that xlobby scans (for me it was !.xml :))

I set the screen size... it is all ok fullscreen but not when it's windowed. Never mind that, it is not my HTPC machine, only the one I use to make skin...

splash screen - agreed its not as friendly as before and the only time i seem mine is when i have xlobby cloned (its on the secondary display...)

The thing is that it is displaying background much smaller than it should be... I suppose I could live with that progress bar but its kinda ugly...

pictures - cant say i have noticed, mine works... what's the default skin doing?

It is opening overlay/screen that displays picture (not fullscreen)

above sounds a bit negative, V3 is a lot better than V2 (i even have a few bits animated now).

It is just a bit :) What's wrong with negative? Do we have to be positive all the time, that's what NWO requires of us now?

It is better, ofcourse, I like the animations and all extra stuff (being able to skew/rotate categories, etc). On the other hand, it is much slower now and in my tests i haven't noticed the stability. It even crashes for me when I try to run "update"... :( Probably just my machine, but v2 was working fine so I'm wondering what could be the problem.

I solved some problems with plugins (i.e XTransition plugin was causing problems and is not needed anymore) but I still have issues with xScriptNG i.e. some script work some don't) and also it seems I'll have to redo Girder configuration... for some reason all presses are doubled (strange)... Also, trigger are different and don't work anymore... well, I'll stop whining and get to work :)
dalanik