Enter/Exit events in the splash screen.

Got an idea, post it here

Enter/Exit events in the splash screen.

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:58 pm

Steve,

This program has become my new toy/hobby, and I'm loving it more everyday as I'm getting closer to finishing my first skin. I've already wrote this up recently in the Support forum, but I figure I would ask you here.

I'm currently using enter/exit screen events to start up/close external programs from the main menu. The big problem here is that everytime I go to a different screen and back to the main menu, the programs all have to restart. This is not only a small pain in the behind, but is rather unnecessary.

Colby came up with a good idea to use a screen event in the splash screen, but when I tried this, I got a major xlobby crash. Is this, or could this be possible to do in a current/future release of xlobby?

Thanks for putting out a great program.

Marbles
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:44 pm

You can set an event as a "startup" if you associate a startup trigger to it (triggers/events/startup)
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:11 pm

badubo,

You can add trigger events in the splash screen? Sorry for being dumbfounded here, but I'm now treading on water. Can you explain more how this is done. I've only found one .xml file for example (startup.xml) but still not sure how to associate that to the splash screen? The example below, the contents of startup.xml (taken from the default skin), only indicates to startup an album.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <events>
- <event>
<name>at startup toggle</name>
- <triggers>
- <trigger>
<type>event</type>
<execute>startup</execute>
</trigger>
</triggers>
- <commands>
- <command>
<type>music</type>
<execute>album play</execute>
</command>
</commands>
</event>
</events>

To let you know, I also tried F2/Misc tab (I think) to set up an autoplay feature and created startup with the event to startup, but that didn’t work at all.

So I'm kinda lost.

Thanks for replying so far, I think I just need a little more coaching.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:15 pm

Just seen the following post:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=startup

So I know the feature is there, I just need a little help in how to properly set it up.

Anyone?
Marbles_00

Postby badubo on Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:40 pm

You can add trigger events in the splash screen?

this is not related to the splash screen, but to the start of xlobby.

All events that have this trigger will be called only once when xlobby start.

for enabling it, select your event, go to triggers/event tab and click on the startup button (same for exit)

he example below, the contents of startup.xml (taken from the default skin), only indicates to startup an album.

the album play event is not for starting an album but for configuring the way xlobby reacts when you click on an alblum (here playing directly instead of adding the track to the playlist)

To let you know, I also tried F2/Misc tab (I think) to set up an autoplay feature and created startup with the event to startup, but that didn’t work at all.

I don't see how the autoplay feature is related to what you want ?
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Thankyou so much for your support, badubo. Now I understand how to do it and it works like a charm. Just needed a good slap across the head.

I'll have to close my other posts.
Marbles_00