Design ideas for X-lobby

Speak your mind

Design ideas for X-lobby

Postby bazooka13 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:20 pm

So I am always looking for ways to make my HTPC unusual or unique, those little things that impress others and showoff the power of X-lobby and the HTPC. Because of this I was surfing the myHTPC forums for plugin ideas. After getting through a few X-lobby bashing posts I came across a couple of plugins that could be switched over to X-lobby.

Comic Strip Viewer - it automatically downloads your chosen comic strip(s) of the day and displays it for your pleasure.

Movie Times - would get the times for movies playing for your area. I believe this has been suggested before

News Ticker - an animated news feed across the bottom of the screen

Trailer downloader - the one I saw could download the new trailers from the apple site. It would compare what you already had on your system and get any new ones. Good for those of us who use this for previews.

Just some ideas for enterprising people. A couple I am going to see if there is a way to just setup without an actual plugin. I am by no means a programmer but some of those ideas are easier than others I am sure.
bazooka13

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:22 pm

The comic strip viewer is pretty easy to set up, just have your favorit comic strips linked to the page like the old weather page was. I usto do that for a few comics. Movie times would be and awesome plugin as well.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby ThE ScReW on Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:58 pm

mattdisaster wrote:The comic strip viewer is pretty easy to set up, just have your favorit comic strips linked to the page like the old weather page was. I usto do that for a few comics. Movie times would be and awesome plugin as well.

-matt

And with the autoupdate function that would be fine ....
ThE ScReW