Tv Plugin

Speak your mind

Tv Plugin

Postby lar282 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Carm just posted that he will not continue to develope the tv plugin unless more people want it. He's not really sure but will decide next week so I hope there's still time to change his mind.

So if u want a tv plugin post here......

//Lasse
lar282

Postby dgemily on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Badubo is writing a tv-epg plugin, it is already available for the french team to test it, it's an awesome plugin :lol:
this plugin is a "multi-tv-software" plugin, it's already working for K!TV, progdvb and dvbdream.

later,

don't worry, the documentation will be in english :wink:
dgemily

Postby samgreco on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:24 pm

I would love a TV solution for XLobby. Right now I'm using SageTV, but it falls short in evrything else. And I haven't been happy at all with the integration of the two.

So I'd love to see Carm continue.
samgreco

Postby lar282 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:09 pm

dgemily wrote:Badubo is writing a tv-epg plugin, it is already available for the french team to test it, it's an awesome plugin :lol:
this plugin is a "multi-tv-software" plugin, it's already working for K!TV, progdvb and dvbdream.

later,

don't worry, the documentation will be in english :wink:

None of those tv apps support the most commin card pvr250 or 150 or 350!!
Plus Carm is writing a real tv plugin not a external tv app

//Lasse
lar282

Postby art on Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:50 am

dgemily wrote: tv-epg plugin....
this plugin is a "multi-tv-software" plugin

can it output tvvi and tvpi files like titantv epg?
art

TV plug-in

Postby carefreepastor on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:46 am

Why do we have to beg anyone to promote the advancement of any of this stuff? If anyone does not want to, so be it. Open source says, "let it go where it will." I have never posted before and yet log on at least weekly because of he excitement of entreprenuerial advancement. All of you folks who have continured to pursue all of this stuff just because of the excitement of the hunt are awesome human beings. I want this plug-in, and I want so much more.
carefreepastor

Re: TV plug-in

Postby lar282 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:56 am

carefreepastor wrote:Why do we have to beg anyone to promote the advancement of any of this stuff? If anyone does not want to, so be it. Open source says, "let it go where it will." I have never posted before and yet log on at least weekly because of he excitement of entreprenuerial advancement. All of you folks who have continured to pursue all of this stuff just because of the excitement of the hunt are awesome human beings. I want this plug-in, and I want so much more.

I have no clue what u are talking about but we are talking about somebody that have the programming skills to write a tv plugin and have done about 80% of the job. He will not continue if there is nobody that wants the plugin. By the looks of the amount of posts here, there isn't enough people that need it so I guess it will die out...
What are u talking about?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby m_ski on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:08 pm

I, for one, would be very keen to see this TV-plugin finished. However, it will only be useful to me once the digital (DVB-T) support is there...
http://ctpvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127&highlight=dvb
m_ski

Postby dalanik on Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:51 pm

I'd like to see it done but not because of the TV, but because of goodi video integration with XLobby. I'd use it for displaying avi's and mpg's instead of all the tricks with xmove plugin and mpc.

D.
dalanik

Postby bajwae on Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:40 pm

I'd love to see a good TV plugin also.
bajwae

Postby ingalls on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:37 pm

None of those tv apps support the most commin card pvr250 or 150 or 350!!

There's not a real interest for these cards. Dvb-t is better and xltv supports it!
ingalls

Postby QTips on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:49 pm

I'm very keen on a TV Plugin for XLOBBY :D
Personaly I now use myTHEATRE for DVB and PVR250 for analog channels that is not broadcasted digitaly yet with MediaPortal.
Carm said that he will suport DVB in about a month or so.

and saying that there is no real interest in those PVR cards ???
for me it looks like it is VERY common in atleast US

MediaPortal's TV section is now very good and is developing fast so I personaly think TV with XLOBBY will be a niche nomatterwhat we do...
But hopefully I'm wrong...TV in XLOBBY would be awesome without needing external programs
QTips

Postby erikt on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:43 am

I agree with QTips, and I would hate to see the CTPVR plugin
go away. Now, I don't need the EPG, so I'd be happy to forever use
it in its current incarnation.

The Hauppauge cards seem to be the most widely used PVR cards, at least
in the htpcnews crowd.

erikt
erikt

Postby Vintage1945 on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:11 am

I would like to see it finished too :D
Vintage1945

Yes, but...

Postby sjc on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:13 am

My first post here though I have been using XLobby for my DVD and Music collections for a year or so. I am currently using Sage for my TV recording - on a separate machine with 4 tuners (PVR150, 250 and 500) - (DVB is not available here in the US)

I would like to have a completely integrated setup - but I will stick with Sage until the XLobby TV plugin runs client-server and supports multiple tuners. These appear on the "upcoming" list for the standalone version, but till then...

FWIW I also want a method to manage TV episodes (recorded, ripped from my DVDs or downloaded) - there are some interesting plugins for Meedio - e.g. http://www.meedio.com/maid/detail.php?m ... plugin_id={1499478B-18EE-4613-9A65-16A6AE708EDE}

- think TVTome offline with play buttons integrated. I guess this could be done in XLobby. Meedios TV is rudimentary, and their DVD management does not seem to have a DVDProfiler import.

So right now I seem to be stuck running three unintegrated pieces of software - but I will certainly jump on the first integrated one that can meet all these needs.

Steve
sjc

Next