Ripping a DVD - DVD Decryptor

Help each other out

Ripping a DVD - DVD Decryptor

Postby jls9444 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 am

Is there instructions on how to rip a dvd for use with xlobby? I'm not sure of the correct way to do this since most people use the audio file with winamp/foobar and the video file with zoomplayer. Any instruction would be appreciated.

Thanks.
jls9444

Re: Ripping a DVD - DVD Decryptor

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:44 am

Is there instructions on how to rip a dvd for use with xlobby? I'm not sure of the correct way to do this since most people use the audio file with winamp/foobar and the video file with zoomplayer. Any instruction would be appreciated.

There is no specific way to "rip" a DVD for xlobby, as xlobby is not responsible for playing back the ripped file. A DVD rip is an exact duplicate of the DVD (minus all the copy protection...and extras should you decide not to rip them). A rip is still the DVD .vob files which are a combination of video and audio. The video player (either Zoom or Theatertek) is responsible for playing back these file types. Winamp/Foobar is only used for the playback of pure audio files like MP3, WAV, APE etc.

As I've seen in some of your other posts, you can rip a DVD with either DVD Decryptor, DVD Shrink, or you can use DVD Fab Decryptor. Older DVD's can be ripped from DVD Decryptor, and there is even a plugin for xlobby which will allow you to rip the DVD right from with xlobby. Newer DVD's you will find Decryptor unable to get around the copy protection, so you will have to use other options (one mentioned above...what a FAB...hint hint :wink: ).

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00