XRemote : new plugin for girder

Xlobby plugin development

repeat is homeseer's only problem

Postby timwarner on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:31 pm

I don't have any delay issues but I do have the problem that the button won't repeat if held down (vol etc)
timwarner

Postby bfauska on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:46 pm

I can do ir "routing" with xlobby only, but it doesn't work if I try to add xremote into the mix. I want to use my navigation arrows on my remote to navigate xlobby until I am in my nowplayingmovie screen and then I want it to control my dvd player. I can change the device on my remote but that would be lame. Hopefully I can find a workaround.

Thanks for the input,
Brian
bfauska

Postby timwarner on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:01 pm

The problem I had with XL was it I couldn't get it to send an IR signal on receiving one. I tried different events for in and out , one triggering the other but still no good. I was going to have the screen enter event / exit events set flags in homeseer as my workround.
timwarner

Postby bfauska on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 pm

With a wait time of 100ms I was able to get xlobby to translate from my ir signals I send it to ir signals that it sends to my reciever, projector, and DVD changer, but those same events when triggered by xremote don't work. I even tried making the wait commands like 5000ms but no use. I wonder if the xremote plugin is somehow skipping the wait portion of my event. I think that I will have to try a test of adding another wait command to some navigation event or something to see if it waits then.

I also know that it isn't simply USING xremote that makes it not work. I currently have xremote dealing with any non-translating ir commands and they are working fine, and so are the others that I have associated with xlobby only.

I hope I can work this out, xremote seems like it should be one of the final pieces of getting my setup ready for family and friends to use without trouble.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby badubo on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:13 am

I wonder if the xremote plugin is somehow skipping the wait portion of my event.

It is unfortunately the way xlobby works with plugins, events are sent by separate commands and all are executed independantly, so the wait has no real effect. :cry:
badubo

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:22 am

now steve has added the "run event" command is there any chance of doing a quick re-write to use that instead?
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:24 am

or do implement wait locally in plugin instead of sending it to XL... its one liner afterall... yet my xPerT doesnt do it so either, i guess i have to change that too.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby bfauska on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:46 am

I don't know if it is any indication of whether or not changing the plugin to use the "run event" command will work or not, but it didn't fix my problem to have xremote trigger a "run event" of my ir events. I thought that maybe that way the wait commands would be used in the second event since they are being run by xlobby instead of the plugin.

Badubo,

Do you think that you could look at the ir-in and then ir-out issue with xremote and maybe add an assignable delay or something so that it would work to have an event with an ir "send command" command be triggerable by xremote. It would really really really make a huge improvement in my setup and I think that it would make the program much more usable for others too.

Thanks,
Brian

also, for those of you having success triggering "send command" commands... are you using a USBuirt or some other transiever?
bfauska

Postby badubo on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:20 am

I don't know if it is any indication of whether or not changing the plugin to use the "run event" command will work or not, but it didn't fix my problem to have xremote trigger a "run event" of my ir events. I thought that maybe that way the wait commands would be used in the second event since they are being run by xlobby instead of the plugin.

in this case, run event is useless even if used from XRemote

I think that you better have to introduce a bug to Steven.
Such kind of problem must be resolved in the core (calling an event from run event should have the same effect that calling the event directly)
When Steven introduced this command I made a warning regarding the threading issues, but no answers.
badubo

Postby bfauska on Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:06 am

The "wait" command parts of events that I trigger with "run event" commands do work... unless I trigger that "run event" event with xremote. I have the "run event" command working anytime I start a movie from my DVD changer, it actually runs 3 different events and all of them contain wait commands that work fine.

It seems like somehow xremote is not allowing an ir signal to be sent after one is recieved. If I trigger the "send command" command from an ir trigger it will work, if I trigger that same event with xremote it doesn't work. I really want to use my directional navigation keys for directional navigation on my DVD changer when I have xlobby in my "play movie" screen, but it looks like the only way to make the ir triggers do different stuff on different pages is with xremote, but it isn't working... please help.

Thanks,
Brian
bfauska

Try reading this thread

Postby timwarner on Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:50 am

timwarner

Postby badubo on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:11 am

t seems like somehow xremote is not allowing an ir signal to be sent after one is recieved. If I trigger the "send command" command from an ir trigger it will work, if I trigger that same event with xremote it doesn't work. I really want to use my directional navigation keys for directional navigation on my DVD changer when I have xlobby in my "play movie" screen, but it looks like the only way to make the ir triggers do different stuff on different pages is with xremote, but it isn't working... please help.

XRemote doesn't deal with "ir".
The problem is that xlobby plugin SDK doesn't allow pluggin to trigger events (or commands) the same way as the graphical interface. It is a bug of xlobby and only steven can handle this issue.
Adding a manual "wait" will only resolve your particular case, if steven allows plugin to handle events the same way as buttons, it will resolve all cases
badubo

Postby bfauska on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 am

I think I get it now. Thanks for the info, and I see that you posted about it in the feature request area too. Thanks again. Too bad it doesn't look like Steven will be dealing with this anytime soon since he is playing with .net 3. Oh well, I may figure something out.

Thanks again,
Brian
bfauska

Postby lpg on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Once the initial setup is done. Is there an easy way to add button. Or do I have to start all over again?
lpg

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

So how about my workaround idea? i know its not elegant, but lets face it, neither is the way we parse and execute events from xml...
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext