Plugin suggestions

Xlobby plugin development

Plugin suggestions

Postby Kresh on Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:27 am

Hi guys,

my first post here after reading quite a lot. I'm gonna setup my own htpc with XLobby this summer and I'm currently getting all the necessary pieces of software together. Now I'm thinking about some plug-ins I might need and these are described below. I'm a programmer myself, so I think I should be able to program the plug-ins myself, but when it is not necessary I won't offcourse...

So:
XLobby doesn't support WinLIRC out of the box, does it?
Would it be useful if I tried to write a plug-in for this method of IR input (through serial port)??

XLobby has no native support for a parallel LCD, does it?
I have a 40x4 character LCD (HD44780) hooked to my lpt port and I would like XLobby to put some info on it. Is there any method to do this right now (apart from using Girder and a LCD plugin for that)? If not: anyone interested in a plugin for it?

Even if there is no interest for the plugins I will propably create them, but then it will be made to my specific needs and not very generic.

Remember that I have not extensively used XLobby yet, so if I missed something important here (LCD is already possible for instance) then just let me know.

So: are these plug-ins required and or wanted?
And what options would you like to see in them?

Greetings, Kresh

(note: I'm a busy student so I obviously will not give any promises on the progress of things and release dates etcetera :) )[/b]
Kresh

Postby Hiller on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:30 pm

I think a lot of people would be interested in the VFD/LCD plugin. Many people use girder for this and I think is one of the last things people are using girder for. Since Steven has provided the event manager in Xlobby a lot of the functionality that used girder has now been incorperated in to the program.

The only thing I would suggest is that you have a way to change the number of lines and columns for the plugin as everyone won't have the same size display.

Steve
Hiller