bleeding edge update touchscreen issue

V3 help and support questions

bleeding edge update touchscreen issue

Postby billberet on Thu May 13, 2010 2:48 am

ok here is a new one,
just did the bleeding edge update and i lost the ability to activate anything in the upper right hand corner of the touchscreen.
about 1 in square. if i go into music and click the album cover in upper right corner of category, the title changes showing that i touched the cover art, but no action will occur.

on main screen, if i click on the weather icon in the upper right corner, the weather does not rotate thru the locations.
same goes for movies when i click on a movie. media player, i cannot click on anything in upper right.

anyone ever have an issue like this. any button in the right corner does not perform it's action.

i will uninstall and reinstall, and if i still have issue, i will go back one previous version, everything works fine there.
it's like XL has a dead spot, that's all i can think of to describe it.

any ideas?
ps: it's not the touchscreen , all my screens are behaving the same. outside of XL, i can click the corner without issue.
billberet

Re: bleeding edge update touchscreen issue

Postby billberet on Thu May 13, 2010 2:56 am

downloaded full update from DL page v3.0.10099.73
all is fine with the world again, my bleeding edge download must have had an issue or something.

:)
billberet

Postby Jay on Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 pm

No - there is a bug. I emailed Steven.

It showed up on my server and tablet. Clients with the April 9 release are fine, as you say.
Jay

Postby billberet on Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

thanks for the feedback Jay.
I'll keep my eye open for and update fix.

:)
billberet

Postby Jay on Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm

It's ready. You can now run slide shows on the server from a client with several new button commands. Look in the pictures event group.
Jay