Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby scottw on Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:40 am

Awesome, thanks Colby.
scottw

Postby jmv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Naylia,

I sent you an e-mail regarding your skin (wasn't releasing focus back to xlobby)...found out I needed to disable sleep to screen saver in SageMC settings. Still have a couple of issues 1) when SageMC pops up, it has a pop up that says "ticker disabled" how do I stop that from happening? Also, on my main system, I am still using SageTV app with the default skin (not SageMC). I tried putting your event into my skin. Although it seems to be "waking" the SageTV app, focus does not change. Am I missing some element of porting from your skin into mine, or does this only work with SageMC (not default skin).

thanks,

mv
jmv

Postby jmv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Well I installed SageMC...still no joy...I am obviously missing something from my skin to manage the Focus handoff!
jmv

Postby jmv on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, this is weird...my main office PC is happy to hand off focus. My HTPC and my Distrbuted Audio PC...don't...sadly these are the two systems that I need it to work on...since I was just debugging on the Office PC...I have literally no idea why this is not working. The HTPC is a relatively clean build. Any trouble shooting advice?

mv
jmv

Postby Naylia on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 am

You need to install TweakUI and then run it and goto General->Focus and uncheck "Prevent applications from stealing focus"....and that should do it.

I should probably add that instruction and a link to the instructions page.

Oh and the ticker thing is RSS in SageMC...you need to find RSS settings. They are located in SageMC->Settings->SageMC->Visual->RSS Ticker Options

Once in the RSS Ticker Options change the Enable/Disable to something other than Custom1 and you should be good to go. (The original SageMC command to goto the MyTV screen is Custom1, however, with the advent of the RSS capability in Sage it overides the original link to Custom1/MyTV. Changing the RSS Enable/Disable to anything else restores the original link)
Naylia

Postby jmv on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Naylia,

Thanks that did the trick. I suggest you put both the TweakUI tip and the RSS feed Tip onto page 1. Thanks again!

A couple of more questions:
1) Specifically what do the 43 and 78 commands do that you are sending to Sage?
2) I don't see a remote IR command within Sage to tell it to "sleep"...is there any way to tell sage to "go to sleep" either through SendCommand from Xlobby, or through one of the sageTV mapable commands (e.g. "poweroff").
3) Are the SageTV Lparam/Wparam things listed anywhere...if not, how did you find 43 and 78?

thanks,

mv
jmv

Postby Naylia on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:31 am

Let's see:

1) They are Power On and Custom1....Custom1 being the direct to MyTV command

2) PowerOff sleeps Sage, it won't close it. It just minimizes to the tray, but is still running.

3) Yes, they are listed over in the Sage forums, somewhere. I think I captured all of them in the Events section for Sage. You should be able to find them via either Opus's or Narflex's signature in the Sage forums. Or just do a search for "sendmessage" over there.

Glad it all worked out!
Naylia

Postby asc99c on Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm using a modified XLobby MC skin on my HTPC, but it's a 1920x1080 resolution, and I'd quite like some higher resolution images for bits of it. The images are all designed for 1280 so they are scaled up and therefore don't look all that great.

Are there any 'master' images for any of the artwork that could be used to create higher resolution versions?
asc99c

Postby Naylia on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:04 pm

No, I didn't create the original artwork so I don't have any higher resolution versions.
Naylia

Postby asc99c on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Cheers Naylia. I got a pointer to some of the original artwork, and a few of these are higher resolution, so I've updated them. If you're still doing changes to the skin it might be worth updating some of the artwork as 1920x1080 screens become more common.
asc99c

Postby Naylia on Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 pm

mmmm....you are right, I may have down rezzed a few to save on space. If I have some free time I may relook the images. They may actually be my original 720x480 sizes.
Naylia

Previous