Comand line options in Xlobby

Help each other out

Re: Comand line options in Xlobby

Postby guile on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks a TON to Sunnyvali and yourself. I do have a couple of questions though. Firstly, since play (in the movies section of events) already launches Theatertek (which is the player I use), do I need to enter it as another "event"? If so, should I be entering any arguments there? As far as the "timer" goes, how many millaseconds should I set it for? Again, thanks SOO much!! I have truly raked my brain on this and was actually considering other apps. I haven't found a frontend I like better then Xlobby and in fact, most others (at least to me) sucked. I am very close now.
guile

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:32 am

Are you going to play movies from your HD and MegaChanger?
sharp_1

Postby guile on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 am

Yes, I am playing from both and use Powerdvd for HD-DVD/Blu Ray and Theatertek for .ts, h264, .mkv and wmv.
guile

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 am

Well now we've reached the end of me being able to help you on this. Since I do not have the Sony VGP-XL1B I am not sure how to proceed with online/offline commands with that unit.

Question: Have you been able to get your VGP-XL1B to play a movie at all...can you get it to play thru the PowerDVD software. Explain to me how it works...the firewire connection tells me it plays thru your PC.

I own and use the DVP-CX777ES which is a RS-232 controlled device...I would hate to take you any further since it may be the wrong direction. Sorry.
sharp_1

Postby guile on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:26 am

sharp_1 wrote:Well now we've reached the end of me being able to help you on this. Since I do not have the Sony VGP-XL1B I am not sure how to proceed with online/offline commands with that unit.

Question: Have you been able to get your VGP-XL1B to play a movie at all...can you get it to play thru the PowerDVD software. Explain to me how it works...the firewire connection tells me it plays thru your PC.

I own and use the DVP-CX777ES which is a RS-232 controlled device...I would hate to take you any further since it may be the wrong direction. Sorry.

I have been able to get things to play. I haven't yet tried Powerdvd for the .ifo (dvd) files. I can try that and see how it pans out. Theatertek is a MUCH better player and you can really see the difference. I am about 75% there now so you (and sunnyvali) have helped me tremendously and I REALLY appreciate it. I keep playing and report back my results. I actually considered purchasing the changer you have but decided the firewire was a better option.
guile

Postby guile on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 pm

One other question for anybody that might know. I am useing 2 Xbl changers (daisy chained). How would I tell Xlobby which changer to assign to particular movie?
guile

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:58 pm

What if you put the path of the DVD in the parameter sections of the database...will the movie play using the execute command? If so you could just put the path in for each movie and be done.
sharp_1

Postby guile on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:51 pm

sharp_1 wrote:What if you put the path of the DVD in the parameter sections of the database...will the movie play using the execute command? If so you could just put the path in for each movie and be done.

I still have to do that in order for Theatertek to play the DVD. Here is where I am so far. Useing the info posted by Sunnyvali and yourself, I am able to launch a particular movie in the changer. Here are my issues. I have the event's timer set to a 20 second "wait". Problem is, when I touch play, it will automatically launch TT. Since that instance of TT is looking for the DVD (parameter) and don't see anything, it won't load. If I automatically close that instance (while the dvd changer is mounting a disc) of TT, 20 seconds later, TT will automatically open the dvd based on the plugged in parameter. Other problem. I use Powerdvd to launch HD-DVD's on my hard drive by way of .xpl. When I touch "Play" on a particular HD-DVD, Powerdvd will open it as it should but...20 seconds later, TT will open on top of it. WIth regards to .ts and/or other types of files that TT is set to play, it's not really an issue (other then the wait time) because if TT is open, another instance of TT won't open on top of it. Hopefully my post is not to convoluted/confusing:) Thanks.
guile

Previous