Okay, what am I missing?

Speak your mind

Okay, what am I missing?

Postby Jasper on Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:20 pm

I'm trying to install Xlobby and I get stuck right at the first bit of the configuration. It says I should configure my DVD player into xlobby, but alpha 40.1 just doesn't appear to have that configuration option. I'm comparing the screenshot in the installation instructions with what I actually have, and the "DVD Player" and "Command Line Options" (for same) config is just missing.

Any clues?

[Edit:]Okay, so by now I've gathered that the setup for this part has been moved to "File types". If anyone happens to know the correct parameters for WinDVD and PowerDVD (So I can try 'em all out and see which works best) I'd be much obliged.[/]

Otherwise, I like the program, although in the default state it appears to do much more than I really want (what with Weather and program guide and such).

[edit:]Why is there as far as I can tell no option to just start the DVD player in Disc mode, reading the DVD inserted in the drive? Are you just supposed to use the automatic windows thing that starts a program on_insert? And how about a CD stuffed with AVI files?[/]
Jasper