I am ready to understand this stuff!!

Speak your mind

I am ready to understand this stuff!!

Postby edwinbonneau on Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:28 am

I have been looking at Xlobby for a few months now and I finally dove into it about a month and a half ago. I have decent computer background but im learning that I want to do so much more but dont have the necessary understanding. I want to really understand everything on a much deeper level. What do I need to study? I want to go ahead and get into a class. My goal is to be able to do some basic programming, to understand send message commands and controling outside programs through them, etc... I have read and read, I am learning a lot, but still there are many times when i read a sentence and i am completely lost. Would Visual Basics get me where I want or do i need something more in depth? Oh yeah, I love playing with Xlobby, I suck at it right now but im having a blast with it. Ive got the multizone audio working (not perfectly) and I just bought an airpanel, and a wirless PDA. By the way if anyone wants an airpanel i just got one off ebay. A 15" Viewsonic V150P with keyboard for 295 shipped. Its not new but it looks like it. The guy had 26 after i bought mine last week. Just do a search for Airpanel. Thanks
edwinbonneau

Postby jfireluv on Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 pm

The way I got Xlobby to do what I wanted was to first understand what I wanted :!: . I know, I know, but many people start plowing head first without a plan. Sendmessage does not work in all programs but many of them, such as girder, zoomplayer, and a few others.
I like to think of Xlobby as the great looking portal that allows me to access whatever other programs I wish. So that means, you must understand how the separate programs work to make evertything work seamless. My advice would be to first understand Girder, then Xlobby, then once you have those two down, you can make anything on the computer hum. :lol:
jfireluv

Postby edwinbonneau on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:12 am

i very much appreciate the advice. Im having a blast working on this stuff. I now have the airpanel in and a toshiba e740 pda all working together. Ive gotten some of the send message commands to work with my hdtv tuner so im really getting excited. The whole "have a plan" is great advice. I sat around a doodled on a leagal pad about what it was that i wanted to accoplish. thanks again! looks like im headed over to girder forum!
edwinbonneau