No Audio with Theatertek

Speak your mind

No Audio with Theatertek

Postby dustysox on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi...First post!!

I recently downloaded latest version of Xlobby. I struggled to get Theatertek to play. How ever, this "at last" seems to be working. My problem now is no audio (Dolby Digital/DTS) with films. The picture works fine, just no audio. I have tried Theatertek on it's own, and all works fine. So it must be a problem between Xlobby and Theatertek.

Please please help?

Kind regards

Dustysox
dustysox

Re: No Audio with Theatertek

Postby dustysox on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:53 pm

Any one??

I'm driving the wife nuts!!!

Help!!!
dustysox

Postby Kias on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:12 pm

I had this problem once. Here's what I did to fix it. Not sure what you have in Xlobby, but under 'setup' in 'File Types', make sure the command line switches (for theatertek) is set to - /AP 2 /nosplash %playlist%

(I also have all the other file types disabled...)

In the 'extension' section I have "ifo,iso,img,video_ts,vob,plt" (Your mileage may vary here depending on what you're doing with TT.)

That'll get TT setup to run right...

In Theatertek Configuration under the Audio Tab, make sure the output is set to 'SP/DIF', and Dolby/DTS Preference is set to 'DTS' There's an "Advanced" button next to that, click it and set DTS Mode to 'Data Mode'.

'course you also have to make sure you have sp/dif turned on in your computer, and you actually have a sp/dif connection...

Other than that, I don't know what the problem could be, as all Xlobby does is start Theatertek and tell it what file to play. It doesn't do anything more fancy than that... As far as TT goes...

Oh, Hi everyone... Long long long long time lurker, first time poster. 8)
Kias

Postby dustysox on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi Kias,

Thank you for your reply.

I will certainly try your recomendations when I get home this evening.

It's a puzzler as TT works with audio and picture when played independently of Xlobby, and yet no audio when used via Xlobby???

I'm not going to let it beat me...but then again there's always MCE!!!! NEVER!!!!!!
dustysox

Postby dustysox on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi,

It's beating me....!

If I play TT independently I can either play DD or DTS with no problems.

If I try to run TT through Xlobby, no DD/DTS. If I go to TT configuration/audio..my setings are Output sp/dif. Audio device is my sound card. If I change from Sp/dif to stereo, i get sound through Xlobby/TT although not in DD/DTS.

Please help me..I'm sinking!!

I don't understand, my previous vers of Xlobby worked great in glorious DD/DTS..not now :(

Any more ideas??
dustysox

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Taking a stab here....I wonder if it has something to do with XLobby's new graph system interfering with your audio routing? Don't know...I haven't messed to much with the new pre versions..but that could be an issue maybe. I don't even know what you have to do to modify or bypass xlobby's graphedit...so I can't help you any further..sorry.

Under Setup/Media Player, you have a choice of either "default" or "Cyberlink PowerDVD6+". What happens if you try one or the other? Or how to disable them altogether, I'm not to sure right now. Don't even know if the really even effect sound or not.

Investigating further..it may be your problem:

http://xlobby.com/forum/download.php?id=8&mode=view

View the Cyberlink Audio Decoder routing...not sure how the default is done.

Information taken from this post:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5753
Marbles_00

Postby dustysox on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Marbles,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will certainly give it a go.

I think you might be right about this vers of Xlobby. As I ran with one of my old versions last night with complete success....TT plays DD/DTS go figure!!!
dustysox

Postby dustysox on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:17 am

Could someone point me in the right download are so as I can download the previous vers of Xlobby? It might be worth a try????
dustysox

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Some where there is instruction on how to bypass the internal player...I'm assuming that also means bypassing the audio as well, but not sure. Regardless, you got mail.
Marbles_00