Russound Support?

Speak your mind

Russound Support?

Postby muzz on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi

I've been looking at something to replace my cheap a$$ x10 wireless keypads that I have in each room of my house doing zonal source selection and volume control.

My question is...

Now that XLobby is now supporting Russound UNO-S2 Keypads (as mentioned in the new brochure), does that mean they keypads can be used straight from XLobby, or do they have to be ran via a controller such as the CAM6.6?

..Also would each keypad give full two-way control and feedback of playback in XLobby (ie Winamp), or would it only be from a standalone Russound media server?
muzz

Re: Russound Support?

Postby muzz on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:31 pm

I've done some more digging on the Russound kit, the CAM Amps and UNO-S2 Keypads are fully supported in Homeseer via RS232, the PC output just becomes another selectable source and allows browsing of music and transport controls from the keypads. Multi-Zonal output from the PC is not supported as yet I don't think. I run Homeseer from XLobby via Xap for x10, wireless x10 (CM19a), RS232 control and scripting

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=118120

Hopefully the same functionality will be avaliable straight from XLobby in v3

...that would be super super sweet
muzz

Postby wesblack on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:35 am

Russound is working RS232 in one direction in version 2 (Send Commands only), look under F2, events, russound to see the code. a Few examples are in the skin under russound.xml and russound3.xml, russound2.xml is the complete uno keypads x 4, unfortunately the last version of xlobby 2 we released did not have all the graphic elements included to render the file. I will post the images required for the russound2.xml file if anyone is interested. The current Version of xLoobby 3 that we have tested is now working with russound in both directions, (Transmit & Receive), we have full accesss to the CAV or CAM. And yes the controller will still be required for xLobby to communicate with individual keypads.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby muzz on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:57 am

Cheers Wes. Going to install a four-zone Russound system that I can just leave in my house if I ever move and piggy back XLobby and all my video switching gear onto it for full automation
muzz

Postby rhinoman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Wes, can you expand upon the capabilitys of Xlobby using 2 way communication with Russound?
rhinoman

Postby wesblack on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:56 am

Where to start. Some amazing things will be possible.

Any of the UNO keypads can speak to xLobby and become virtual keypads for anything in xLobby and can pass events to the lighting services or any other devices on the xLobby system. We can even send text message to the keypads and show what media is playing along with all the meta date we want.We did some very cool things with a early xLobby ver 3.0 beta at Cedia this year. I think everyone will be impressed with what we will have in the first release of Ver 3.0. I will try and post more examples and screenshots of exactly what cool things will be possible between now and CES 2008.

Thanks for your continued interest !

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby muzz on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 am

One of the coolest things about the Russound RNET system is the iBridge

Connects your iPod to a CAV/CAM controller via Cat5 and allows full control and metadata transfer, it even takes the audio over the Cat5, its all down one cable :D

So Wes, does that mean that will the Metadata and control avaliable through the CAM/CAV controllers we could make "virtual iPods" to interact with via XLobby as well as the UNO keypads?

*drools at the thought*

:o
muzz

Postby muzz on Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:13 am

I've also just noticed I've plonked this in the wrong forum, can someone please move it over to the Pre-Release Area since it really applies to v3?

People might get a bit over-excited if this looks like a freeware add-on :D
muzz