cdex plugin

Xlobby plugin development

cdex plugin

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:56 am

actual working screenshot of the basic cdex plugin, not a mock up. This plugin will be part of the sdk also, basic thing to take away from this plugin is the ability to access information from programs outside of xlobby, and dont forget the ability to manipulate external programs and their data.

Last edited by stevenhanna6 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevenhanna6

Postby Cosworth on Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:36 am

Looks awsome! Can only imagine the potential for future plugins
Cosworth

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:11 am

Holy LORD! Steven you're the best! Any idea when the next release will be ready?

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:18 pm

Just to add to their comments... TOOOOO freakin cool!
jowaldo

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:43 pm

That looks fantastic. 8)

I take it the encode button will allow conversion using an external program of some sort, any idea which or which formats will be supported?
rhinoman

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:43 pm

rhinoman, it basicly just interfaces to the opensource cdex application, features can be found here. But as far as I know it supports pretty much any format.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/features.php

The plugin is really designed for just ripping an entire cd to your collection based on how cdex is already setup. Someone else can expand the plugin if they want to add more features like configuring it withing xlobby.

Oh and when will the next release be....I got so much stuff on the go right now I really cant say. Everytime I say end of the week I always add something new and it gets delayed. But there will be an exe release if nothing else this week.
stevenhanna6

Postby Chicoo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:47 pm

Steven, looks really cool.
As a programmer and techie I am looking forward to give the SDK a try. I hope that it os included in the next release.

Although my wife probably starts complaining that I spend to mjuch time behind my PC. :?
Chicoo

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:57 pm

Just been and had a poke about at the cd-ex site, never heard of it before :oops:

Anybody tried it, hows it compare to EAC with APE?

It still amazes me just how much opensource stuff there is out there for seemingly, everything you could want....
rhinoman

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:33 pm

People have it their head that EAC is the best, personally I see no difference but I rip to mp3. I was going to make this an EAC plugin but all EAC does for me is cause Blue Screens of death....its extremly annoying getting those. I wont even dare and open EAC to see if a plugin can be written for it...but I would guess it can be done the exact same way I did it for cdex.
stevenhanna6

Postby Arthur on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:45 pm

I used to use this command line for eac:
C:\Program Files\EAC\EAC.exe -extractmp3 -close
It automatically open eac, rips the cd in the preconfigured format to th epreconfigured location and then closes EAC. It doesn't look good (an external program is opend, but you can switch back to xlobby and proceed)
At this moment I'm modding jowaldo's skin and I want to set is as an option which shows when a cd is inserted, but haven't started on it yet.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:18 pm

Arthur wrote:I used to use this command line for eac:
C:\Program Files\EAC\EAC.exe -extractmp3 -close
It automatically open eac, rips the cd in the preconfigured format to th epreconfigured location and then closes EAC. It doesn't look good (an external program is opend, but you can switch back to xlobby and proceed)
At this moment I'm modding jowaldo's skin and I want to set is as an option which shows when a cd is inserted, but haven't started on it yet.

Arthur

I was able to get dvd decrypter to do that, and I had the same problem with it not looking good, and the name it gives it, is just the disc name which isn't pretty either. What's so nice about this plugin steven is making is that we could have the background program be invisible while in xlobby, and have things like progress indicators and more :)
jowaldo

Postby sp00head on Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:40 pm

When will this be downloadable???? Really want to play with this
Also is anyone working on a dvd ripping plugin???
sp00head

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:40 am

I thought this weekend, but I have family over....next week sometime for sure. A dvdripping one should be possible too, although I have not actually tried.
stevenhanna6

Postby sp00head on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:20 am

Any idea on a release date????
sp00head

Postby rika on Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:47 am

When config the cdex-plugin, what is the cdex location? Is not this the location of the cdex.dll??
I can´t get the plugin to load, my skin is blank (jowaldo-skin)
rika
rika

Next