Getting a button to do more than one thing

Help each other out

Getting a button to do more than one thing

Postby Roscoe62 on Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:40 am

I'm looking at the play button on the DVD detail page on the PPC. When I click this button it launches Theatertek (in my case) and loads up my ripped movie. How would I get this button to also goto a DVD control page?

I realise I have to create the page and set up the controls, and then I have to go into the event editor and make a new event and attach it to a command to go to the new page, but where would I put this additional event on that button?

Has anyone already done this?
Roscoe62

Postby Lifter on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:48 pm

Have it send a Girder event. Then you can have Girder do as many things for that event as you like.
Lifter

Postby noviceboy on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:55 pm

Any event can have multiple commands - just select command u want and the press ADD button. In your case find the event on that button and add a Xlobby goto command with the name of your screen as the parameter. Make sure the order is correct, if you dont you will get unexpected behaviour. Xlobby works down the list of commands attached to an event.

See playlist event in 40.2. It has 4 or 5 commands . I regularly use multiple commands- works perfectly
noviceboy