NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Xlobby plugin development

NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Postby jowaldo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:52 pm

AZ5 updated his plugin so a name for the DVD can be entered. You can get the new version here

http://www.xlobby.com/files/az5/XLDVDImportPlugin.zip
jowaldo

Postby ryang on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:34 am

Thanks AZ5, I'm about to try it out now.

ryang
ryang

Postby ingalls on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:47 am

yes, thanks!!!

Another great feature in Xlobby :lol:

I will try it this WE.
ingalls

Postby ptrinchi on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:15 pm

Just one word, WONDERFULL
ptrinchi

Postby kolemieux on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:58 pm

Guys - I use DVD Shrink like there is no tomorrow - I used to use DVD Decrypter then Shrink - but have yet to come across a single DVD that Shrink could not handle, and it has the added benefit of Sizing, and a single .ISO file.

? - any hopes for a DVD Shrink Plugin...

? - I am not sure, but maybe I missed this - can DVD Decrypter export directly to a single .ISO file without another step? I did not see this as an option except to a DVD?

Thx much...
kolemieux

Postby edgley on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:32 am

Now that we have this fantasic plug, is there a way to automate cover art lookup and film information?

Thanks!

Simon.
edgley

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:48 am

kolemieux wrote:Guys - I use DVD Shrink like there is no tomorrow - I used to use DVD Decrypter then Shrink - but have yet to come across a single DVD that Shrink could not handle, and it has the added benefit of Sizing, and a single .ISO file.

? - any hopes for a DVD Shrink Plugin...

? - I am not sure, but maybe I missed this - can DVD Decrypter export directly to a single .ISO file without another step? I did not see this as an option except to a DVD?

Thx much...

I'm with you man, DVD Shrink rocks, I use it to strip my movies down to just the main movie(no compression loss) and then to the harddrive as a structured folder. Then if I want burn them to disk open the folder in dvd shrink and shrink it to fit on disk. Works awesome, if we could get soome kinda plugin going I'de be super pumped. We can only hope.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby hvs69 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:41 pm

:?: Hmm. I was expecting that this plugin would allow the decrypter to run in the background. However, when I hit the start button on my skin, the decrypter ripping window comes to the foreground !

I also noticed that the status bar which shows the size information does not seem to be updating while ripping is in progress.

Is it how it is supposed to work ?

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby edgley on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:10 pm

On my test system I have two monitors. XL is set to run on the right, and when I imported a DVD last night Decrypt opened on the left.

So what I am saying in a long about round the houses way, is that it appeared to display the same way as Winamp does.

Oh hold on, winamp actually dissappears of the side of the left monitor, so I am not sure its working.
edgley

Postby az5 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:05 pm

Hi,

- Hiding/showing windows
on my pc the main windows (title "DVD Decrypter" and "DVD Decrypter Log") of DVD Decrypter pop up for about 1 second and are hidden afterwards by the plugin. Depending on the DVD sometimes some warnings are shown which I don't hide. The variables are refreshed each time DVD Decrypter increments the percentage by 1%.
Could you please post the following information:
- Which version of DVD Decrypter are you using?
- What are the titles of the shown windows?
- How long does it take for DVD Decrypter to start ripping?
- Could it be, that there is a second instance of DVD Decrypter running? I just noticed, that if I first start DVD Decryper from windows and then start it again from XLobby the second instance doesn't get hidden.

- DVD Shrink
Sorry, but I have no plans to support it. Maybe somebody else writes this plugin.

- downloading cover art
If I find out how to use the spiders of XL to download the cover art of one DVD I may implement it. But this is no promise and it will take some time. At the moment I am working on another plugin, and afterwards I have to write a small programm (not for XL).

Albert
az5

Postby hvs69 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:55 pm

OK, AZ5. I will post more details when I go home tonight. Thanks
hvs69

Postby az5 on Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:19 pm

Hi,

@hvs69, could you find some answers for my questions?

Thanks
Albert
az5

Postby hvs69 on Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:34 pm

:)

Sorry az5, I got caught up in some other more serious problem in my HTPC.

I just rechecked. Everything is working perfectly now. I suspect that I had more than one instance of decrypter running earlier.

Thanks for your help
hvs69

Version 0.3

Postby az5 on Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:47 pm

Hi,

I uploaded the version 0.3 of the XLDVDImportPlugin (http://www.xlobby.com/files/az5/XLDVDImportPlugin.zip). The main change is the ability to execute an event at the end of the import process.
Sorry, I didn't include the ability to download covers. After looking into the spiders of Xlobby I have the impression, that a plugin can't select the movie to download the covers. If you want to download the covers from xlobby you could have a look at the ColbySkin2, overlay_spider.xml. Then you could create a corresponding screen for your skin. In the event to set the spiders you need to change the database from music to movies and the spider names from music* to dvd*.

The result would be:
- you rip the DVD with the plugin
- you go to your movies view and refresh the list
- there you select the movie you ripped
- and download its cover with a screen comparable to overlay_spider.

Albert
az5

Postby edgley on Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:39 am

I have got this sort of working.

I followed the isntructions, and can use the spiders to find some info about a film and save it.

I can only get coverart, some actor info and director.

Is there a list of the terms that the spider is looking for that I can edit?

thanks.
edgley

Next