WebImage Refresh..

Speak your mind

WebImage Refresh..

Postby kolemieux on Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:43 pm

Guys - help mer here, I know I am doing something wrong but my goal is simple.

I would use a CamDB if needed, but assume I want to simply add a URL/WeatherMap gif to my screen - works perfecto.

I simply can NOT get the refresh of the image to work properly. Assume a blank screen, add a map, I've tried all the refresh commands and treied to dig into other skins as well.

I want to assign an event to the page or the button to refresh to the most current image...... I see this in a almost every skin but seem to get less than perfect results.

Folks - begging (-: Anyone?

Thanks so much
kolemieux

Postby Arthur on Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:44 pm

In my very very old XLobby pre 41 or something version, the refresh sometimes also doesn't work. It never works on a page with 2 web images, in this case only one gets refreshed. Do you have multiple web images on your page?
Arthur

Postby kolemieux on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:29 am

I am running pretty current code - even backed down a Rev from the Test Versions Steven is running.

I did try multi images on a page, but do not need that at all.

- R u ok with one image?

- What command seems to refresh well for you?

All I am trying to add is a URL to a .jpg that updates every minute or so. If all was perfect I'd even like to have some bacckground timer refreshing it while on that page but I am trying simple for now.....

Thanks for taking the time to respond.....

Chris
kolemieux

Postby dgemily on Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:17 am

kolemieux,
I think that you must use the event : "web browser refresh:refresh http images" you can't create this event via the right window of the Event Manager.
you will find it in the eventgroup "imported" .
Later,
dgemily

Thanks!!!

Postby kolemieux on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:13 pm

And THANKS!!! yup - that is the one I was looking for. Much appreciated....

Kinda wish there was a way to toggle the overlay that comes up during the refresh. For some places its great so u know something is occuring, other places I'd like to not have it.

But THANKS!!!! for taking the time to respond....
Chris

dgemily wrote:kolemieux,
I think that you must use the event : "web browser refresh:refresh http images" you can't create this event via the right window of the Event Manager.
you will find it in the eventgroup "imported" .
Later,
kolemieux