How do xlobby users handle multi-part DVDs?

Speak your mind

How do xlobby users handle multi-part DVDs?

Postby Nabu on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:32 pm

G'Day all,
I have been playing with xlobby2prerelease1.zip, I have foobar and theatertek working using the various guides/posts available on this forum and a file server simply serves out my media collection. Woohoo! :)

I was wondering how the community here handles 2 part DVDs, that is, either flipper discs or else long films like LOTR SEE? Do you simply combine 2 DVDs into one? or do you get xlobby to queue the 'parts' one after the other?

As far as combining the 2 'parts' i've been playing with DVDShrink but the pause in between just isn't right, I'm also looking into IFOedit/VOBedit haven't quite worked it out yet -- looks the most promising though.
As far as queuing, not sure where to start, or even if it's the best option! :roll:

Steven, thanks for a great product. :D

N.
Nabu

Postby Grooby on Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:11 pm

Personally i use DVDShrink, using the frame advance, back feature so there is minimul pause.

Worked a treat on the LOTR films...

Infact DVDShrink is one of the best apps i have come accross in the HTPC world.

Andy
Grooby

Postby Nabu on Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:03 am

Thanks Grooby, as you suggest I do prefer combining both titles into one rather than the playlist option -- much neater.

When I tried DVDShrink I simply re-authered the parts one after the other, then backed up.
So are you then suggesting to go to the last few frames of the first title and see if there are black frames and remove them, and do the same with the start of the next title? Is it not actually the title change that causes the slight pause? Anyhow, I'll fire up DVDShrink and play around a bit more. Thanks again! :)

------EDIT------

OK, just tried the above and it works really well. :D

Apparently, the first title has a few black frames at the end, crop these and join the next part works a treat. The music even fades correctly from the old scene over into the new scene between title switches. Absolutly seamless, fantastic. Thanks heaps!

N.
Nabu

Postby Grooby on Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:14 pm

glad it worked out for you... :lol:
Grooby