DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby edgley on Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:06 pm

It is most strange.

I have copied myset up over to my laptop, and the playlist feature works fine.

As for the close, I am sure that it is set for that, but I will check.

New PC this weekend, just to run Xlobby on, mmmmmm.
edgley

Postby kuntakintay on Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:55 pm

Awesome skin! I built an extra menu using the ColbySkin look and feel, and events to control Snapstream Beyond TV application with Xlobby. If anyone is interested in it, let me know. Colby, if you would like to include this with your skin, let me know. Ill build it into a plugin once I figure out how the heck to build plugins... :-)

Toby
kuntakintay

Postby oneman on Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:57 pm

Great skin Colby, I like it so much that I had to use your album overlay
technique in my skin... I have it all setup however when I click the
album cover it loads the album into the playlist and then opens the overlay.
The overlay works fine, just can't figure out why it's loading up the playlist first.

Thanks...
oneman

Postby Colby on Sat May 01, 2004 12:06 am

oneman, make sure that the event in the event>startup toggle> is set to trackadd.

The overlay works fine, just can't figure out why it's loading up the playlist first.

Do you have custom playlist or something. I dont really understand the problem. If you clear the playlist and open a album, will it always add the album?

Are your problems with my skin or your skin?
Colby

Postby oneman on Sat May 01, 2004 12:26 am

That did it.... :D

Mine was set to play... Now it all works like a champ...

I was just adding your feature to my skin, I had it all duplicated except
for the play toggle...

So sweet...

Thank you so much...
oneman

Postby NebrGuy on Sat May 01, 2004 3:17 pm

This skin is really great. I've been messing around with XLobby for a couple weeks now and really like this one.

I am (slowly) learning how to change some of the skin features and set up new things on the different pages. There are a couple of things that haven't clicked yet.

For example, how do I get webcams to show? (webcams screen) All I see is a white block where the pic should be. When I click on it, nothing happens. (Weather screen) When I click to view the webcam from the weather screen it takes me to a cam in Denver. How can I get it to load a local cam for me? I've looked through the skins and setup pages and all I see referencing webcam locations is in the database section of setup, but none of these (unless I'm blind) deal with that particular cam.

The only other thing at this point that I would like to figure out how to do is with the news page. How do I get a news item in the right-hand column to show text in the left-hand text box?

Thanks a bunch for the work that has gone into this program and the different skins by everyone. Truly a great program and a lot easier to use than "the competition". Wish someone would develop a plug-in (assume it would be a plug-in) for epg, dvr/pvr, and tv viewing. Then I don't know why anyone would use "that other" windows-based htpc program.
NebrGuy

Postby jsilva on Sat May 01, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi Colby

Great work with your skin I'm usin it and it works great but I seem to have the same problem as onman when I sart xlloby and go to the music screen and choose an album the overlay displays and I can choose which track to add to the play list but if I click on the title to play all the tracks on that album it plays them but after clearing the play list I can no longer choose a track to play when I choose an album it loads it to the play list and starts playing it
I seen on your previous post a reference to the event>startup>toggle but I don't seem to be able to find it your help would be greatly apeciated
Thanks
jsilva

Postby oneman on Sat May 01, 2004 4:56 pm

F2 --> event manager --> SKIN --> startup --> at startup toggle --> track add
oneman

Postby Colby on Sat May 01, 2004 4:58 pm

Good news, I got a solution for you silva.

Your add album event is set wrong.
enter the skin editor and goto overlay_albumtracks
now select the yellow title, then on the events tab it will probably say current event music: album add this is wrong. It should be music:add album.

Once you change this it should work fine.
Colby

Postby jsilva on Sat May 01, 2004 5:07 pm

That's great it solved the problem thanks very much for that
jsilva

Postby Colby on Sat May 01, 2004 5:36 pm

Nebguy,
how do I get webcams to show? (webcams screen)

They wont work as to now, the section isnt finished.
Weather screen) When I click to view the webcam from the weather screen it takes me to a cam in Denver. How can I get it to load a local cam for me?

assuming you know a bit about the skin editor,
goto the overlay_weathercam page in the skin editor, in the button>default tab you wil see the list of buttons on this page. One of them is http:/... Thats the web cam. you can delete that. To insert a new image got o screen tab>add misc. Put in the http: of the new camera in website line. then click add. now goback to button>defualt and reposition, and resize it how you want.
I would like to figure out how to do the news page. How do I get a news item in the right-hand column to show text in the left-hand text box?

again this section isnt done. The lines of the right box will show up in the left box by simply hovering over each topic. Not really much to it. If you use touchscreen then there might be a problem. You can set you news to whatever you want by setting the rss newsfeed in f2. I am currently completing the news section. are there certain news feeds youre looking for? I could include them.
Colby

Postby edgley on Sat May 01, 2004 6:07 pm

or upgrade to the new pre-release that has support for web cams in it.
edgley

Postby NebrGuy on Sat May 01, 2004 10:00 pm

Colby,

Thanks for showing me where to change the cam settings for the weather page. Worked. Easy.

As for the news page, I can't think of anything specifically. This is really the first time I've messed around editing a skin and I noticed that the news page had a sports graphic on it and then all of the buttons were identified as sports-related links but actually went to standard news articles. So I figured out how to change the wording of the buttons to match the database they went to as well as change the graphic to the newspaper image and quickly realized there were two "extra" buttons. So I was going to see if I could set up my own database, but didn't know how to get the info to show up in the text bos on the left when rolling over the headline on the right. So I haven't messed with it.

Edgley, I am using the latest prerelease (2.alpha.14), or however it is numbered.

Maybe someday in the near future after I've seen how this stuff works, I might try to set up my own skin, but for now I'll just play.

Robert
NebrGuy

Postby edgley on Sun May 02, 2004 12:32 am

okay, but to be sure, you can use the new features with Colby's skin, as I am doing.
edgley

Postby Yoshcoe on Tue May 04, 2004 10:59 am

Hi Colby,
Hope you're watching this thread, I guess you will be since it's about your creation which is definitely enhancing xlobby image for a lot of us..
I wondered if you'd thought about a "minus/remove " button option next to each of the queued tracks in your skin so if you select the wrong track off an album you could exit the album select screen and just go straight to the offending track on the queue screen and zap it? I'm afraid I'm really an end user - i'm trying to get a bit more knowledge on this stuff but i got no real experience so it's a real mind bender trying to get stuff to do anything right!!!!
Cheers
Yosh
Yoshcoe

PreviousNext