Latest v2 builds?????????

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Latest v2 builds?????????

Postby defrag on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:16 am

So the final v2 build was not the final build? 4 Extra revisions?? Don't suppose the database fix went in there?
defrag

Re: Latest v2 builds?????????

Postby lar282 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:15 pm

I have to say that we really need to know what is changed/fixed.

V3 beta ETA???

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Jay on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:38 pm

defrag wrote:So the final v2 build was not the final build? 4 Extra revisions?? Don't suppose the database fix went in there?

I just did a fresh install and I see expanded multizone audio control in Events>Skins. It's just above Music.
Jay

Postby lar282 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:26 pm

I can look too but really, kind of pis*** me off that we can't even get a xt file stating what is changed updated. We know from the past that alot of changes fixes one bug and creates 4 new ones.....

there is a txt file in the installer but it hasn't been updated for a year!

PS:sorry for being mad:DS

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Jay on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Well, I'm sure they're just trying to put out any remaining fires in V2.

We know they're working hard to get the 1st V3 out. That has to be priority 1.
Jay

Postby defrag on Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:17 pm

I wonder if they were customer requests from installers - urgent stuff that couldn't wait for V3
defrag

Postby PhilB on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:03 pm

defrag is spot on. Now that there are end users paying through distributors, the pressure for bug fixes has got to be higher. I would bet that they want 2.0 near rock solid before they start pushing 3.0 on the channel. There will be a long list of new problems to solve with 3.0 that have already been fixed in 2.

My 2 cents. Would love to hear the revised 3.0 date from Wes.
PhilB

Postby lar282 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:50 pm

defrag wrote:I wonder if they were customer requests from installers - urgent stuff that couldn't wait for V3

If I was a installer I would really know what was fixed too. Especially if I was waiting for a fix??'

//Lasse
lar282

Postby PhilB on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:01 pm

I agree it does seem a little strange. I picture Steve in some tiny, dark office with Wes bringing food and water once a day if he gets enough code written. Steve has not slept for days, is unshaven and frankly, needs a shower :lol:
PhilB

Postby wesblack on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:27 am

Phil, thats pretty funny. But seriously it's been long days every day to keep xLobby moving forward, both for Steven and myself. I wish I had more time to explain everything to the forum each day that I want, but posting on the forum and answering constant E-Mails, telephone calls with installers, distributors, speaking with vendors of xLobby hardware, etc. is very time consuming right now as it has been with most of the staff at Calrad.

We just spent a few days re-working all the multizone audio in xLobby Ver 2 to move into Ver 3. How inportant is multizone audio for users here, I would like to know. We have made several impovements for Syncing the zones and adding some independent audio level controls for xLobbys internal audio players among other features. Also we reworked the DVDFab HD decrypter plugin so its compatible with old versions and the new 4.0+ versions, Steven added some code to improve reliability and improve communications with selected options in the software. Every day we are improving and adding to the software, being very careful not to cause any additional bugs.

Steven is trying to get to a point where we can start showing some early screenshots of the back-end of Ver 3.

As always I am trying to apease everyone and provide any updates I can when possible.

Thanks again to all the users here who continue to support xLobby.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby PhilB on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:13 am

I know it will be great when you are ready. Would rather get it right than get it too soon. Thanks for the update.
PhilB

Postby defrag on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:50 am

Thanks Wes,

Congrats on the Bang & Olufsen story - nice to get a big name in there. Sounds like it was a good party.
defrag

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 pm

wesblack wrote:We just spent a few days re-working all the multizone audio in xLobby Ver 2 to move into Ver 3. How inportant is multizone audio for users here, I would like to know. We have made several impovements for Syncing the zones and adding some independent audio level controls for xLobbys internal audio players among other features.

Wes:

I believe multizone audio is one of the biggest features that xLobby has to offer and continues to be very important to me. I am waiting for v3 to arrive so I can get started on wiring my home.

I've wanted a true multizone solution since day one.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:50 pm

I too can not wait for the multizone audio capability.

I understand how large the work load can be and I am anxiously waiting the results of V3.
vaporhat

Postby Jay on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm

+1
Jay

Next