Touch Screen interface finished and open for business

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Touch Screen interface finished and open for business

Postby scottw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Actually Grooby doesn't have a movie_details event. He has a preview event which is suppose to goto a screen called moviepreview...which does not exist. You could change this screen to movies_details, and it should work the way you've indicated Scott. This is looking at the "Black and Silver" skin. I'm assuming the "Silver and Black" skin is the same.

I just Dl'd the Black and Silver skin and had the same problem noticed by work permit. I did the steps I outlined and I was taken to the movies_details page which already existed, this is the same page you would goto if you just clicked on one of the movies from the main movies page.
Maybe I missed something but I did it step by step as I wrote it, maybe I missed something :lol: :lol: won't be the first time.

Marbles_00 wrote:Also don't assign the event to the Catagory/Events, just use the standard "Event" tab in the skin editor.

Yeah I did not specify...thanks for clarifying that Marbles :D
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm sorry Scott, I mis-read your instruction...when you said
Browse thru Skin, goto and select "movie details"
, I was trying to find the event movie_details...instead of going to the "GOTO" group and finding the event movie details...ooopppsss...me bad :oops:

All better now.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Yep, after re-reading I was not very clear with that. I edited my post, hopefully that makes more sense.

Thanks for letting me know. It sounded right to me because I was the one doing it but if I read that for the first time I would have assumed the same thing. :oops:

Thanks!!!!!
scottw

Postby Grooby on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:00 pm

You know u guys are great, yes i have to hold my hands up and say i'm not the neatest when it comes to events and what not, i seem to muddle on thru. I am glad u found a solution, funny that it works on mine without changing anything (and as it works on mine i'm not gonna even try to correct, i have a habit of screwing my set up quite easily and then spend hours backtracking :shock: )

I'm sure work permit will appreciate the help!

Andy
Grooby

Postby scottw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Grooby wrote:You know u guys are great, yes i have to hold my hands up and say i'm not the neatest when it comes to events and what not, i seem to muddle on thru. I am glad u found a solution, funny that it works on mine without changing anything (and as it works on mine i'm not gonna even try to correct, i have a habit of screwing my set up quite easily and then spend hours backtracking :shock: )

I'm sure work permit will appreciate the help!

Andy

No problem.

You should see my event list...I have old events mixed with new events, events I don't even use, and events I don't even remember making :lol: . My skin would be no where near being able to be posted like yours. Your skin is great !!!!!!

Good work :D
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:14 pm

I have old events mixed with new events, events I don't even use, and events I don't even remember making

Same here...thing is, I'm afraid to take some of these events out just in case they have been tied to something important. But my list for sure could be shortened up. Or the way I'm going to think..."hey, someone may need them should they modify the skin...so they're there if required" :wink: That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :)
Marbles_00

Postby work permit on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 am

You guys are great, and like andy says I really do appreciate the help. Not only is the screen working, I don't feel like an idiot.

Thanks alot guys!
work permit

Postby Grooby on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Relieved its working for you now!
Grooby

Postby scottw on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:17 pm

work permit wrote:You guys are great, and like andy says I really do appreciate the help. Not only is the screen working, I don't feel like an idiot.

Thanks alot guys!

Never feel like an idiot!!!! We all were new at this as well, and there is a learning curve for this software. Once you get it XLobby is an awesome program.
scottw

Postby lpg on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:54 am

Marbles_00 wrote:
I have old events mixed with new events, events I don't even use, and events I don't even remember making

Same here...thing is, I'm afraid to take some of these events out just in case they have been tied to something important. But my list for sure could be shortened up. Or the way I'm going to think..."hey, someone may need them should they modify the skin...so they're there if required" :wink: That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :)

Boy does this sound familar. After I have developed something and put it on the shelf, it always seems like someone else wrote it. Now that my daughter is in calculus I pulled out my old college notes. Now talk about something foreign.
lpg

Previous