Any chance you can implement a random-play mode where XL will choose
a random album from the playlist, play each track of that album in order,
the go to another random album?
Thanks,
Erik
erikt

Postby vicom on Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:00 am

+1... :wink:
Actually is it possible to create an category event for random selection for any category?
vicom

Postby Colby on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Any chance you can implement a random-play mode where XL will choose a random album from the playlist, play each track of that album in order, the go to another random album?

OR... You could just make a playlist..

I would have no use for this feature
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 am

Any chance you can implement a random-play mode where XL will choose a random album from the playlist, play each track of that album in order, the go to another random album?

did you mean select a random album from your database play it...then play another random one...just confused a bit because you said "from the playlist"

Actually is it possible to create an category event for random selection for any category

now i'm even more confused....you want to randomly select anything from any database? or do you want the same idea but applied to the filtered results of genre=rock for example
stevenhanna6

Postby erikt on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:26 am

What I would like to be able to do is Queue a bunch of albums and have
them play in a random order. That is, each album would play from
beginning to end in the correct track order, but the order the albums would
play in would be random.

I hope that makes more sense?

Erik
erikt

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:54 am

hmmm thats tricky....the best I could do is when you queue your albums there could be a new shuffle mode called "album shuffle" which would keep playing the tracks in order until the album was done...then it would randomly pick a new album and start there and then the process repeats.
stevenhanna6

Postby vicom on Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:37 am

Actually is it possible to create an category event for random selection for any category

now i'm even more confused....you want to randomly select anything from any database? or do you want the same idea but applied to the filtered results of genre=rock for example

The same idea but applied to a filtered catergory.
the event would look something like this

-randomize category
|--> category name [put category name here eg:music]
|--> filter [eg: genre=rock]

for the above example, XL will randomly play & category display all rock albums.
vicom

Postby erikt on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:01 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:hmmm thats tricky....the best I could do is when you queue your albums there could be a new shuffle mode called "album shuffle" which would keep playing the tracks in order until the album was done...then it would randomly pick a new album and start there and then the process repeats.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Erik
erikt

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:46 pm

ok try this out

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

There is now a new shuffle command called, "shuffle album" its similar to the normal "shuffle" command. And there is also a new button id to show the "shuffle album" status...funny enough its "shufflealbum" or "shuffle album"

Ok so make a button with that event to trigger it, if normal "shuffle" is on then it will shuffle through the album first then randomly select a new album to shuffle thru...if its off then it will work the way you want. First it randomly picks an album from the playlist...plays the 1st track and continues thru until the last track on that album...then it randomly picks another album from the playlist to play...etc..etc.
stevenhanna6

Postby erikt on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Thanks Steven! I gave it a try last night and it worked the way I hoped.
Erik
erikt